Any other changes with Eibach Springs - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any other changes with Eibach Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any other changes with Eibach Springs

If I upgrade my springs to an Eibach Pro Kit and install new HD shocks, are there any supplemental changes that I will need (should) make to the suspension (sway bars, etc.)?

Thanks!

1997 30th Anniversary Camaro.
    SLP CAI, Dynomax, PCM tune, SS Hood, Clear Corners, T-Tops, Sony Xplod

TEAM RED

Re: Any other changes with Eibach Springs

Nope, no changes, but down the line I would invest in some sway bars and other suspension parts. Like subframes.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Also I would buy new shock mounts for the top of the front shocks.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I wish I could lower mine, but I'm scared enough as it is with dips and bumps and plus I annoy the hell out of people when I take my time going thru. the ramps.

Comment

That's my concern too, but I'd also like to see that gap in the back fender go away too. Not to complicate it further but what if I switch to 17" wheels, is that going to cause a rub anywhere?

On the sway bars, I've been doing a lot of read of other posts and it seems like everyone has a different opinion of what sizes to run. Is there a baseline "upgrade" that will help the car stiffen up but not cause problems with other aspect on the car? I don't do autocross but do go to the strip and run the street class from time to time.

TEAM RED

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Red Demon View Post
            That's my concern too, but I'd also like to see that gap in the back fender go away too. Not to complicate it further but what if I switch to 17" wheels, is that going to cause a rub anywhere?

On the sway bars, I've been doing a lot of read of other posts and it seems like everyone has a different opinion of what sizes to run. Is there a baseline "upgrade" that will help the car stiffen up but not cause problems with other aspect on the car? I don't do autocross but do go to the strip and run the street class from time to time.
            17" wheels are fine, sway bars would be 32mm front , 19mm rear and you'll notice the difference. SFC's was night and day difference I'd recommend to anyone in a F body.

Comment

What about Strano springs? I was looking at those with sways, need anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Red Demon View Post
                Is there a baseline "upgrade" that will help the car stiffen up but not cause problems with other aspect on the car?
                Wouldnt the baseline be the cheapest? If thats the case then just getting the swaybar endlinks should be base. I felt a huge difference with energy suspension link bushings. 20 bucks each for front/back. Cheapest base upgrade to me IMHO.

Comment

Well by baseline I meant actually changing out the sway bars.

TEAM RED

Comment

I guess I should of added that from what I read a lot people had opinions on what sizes to switch to but many had exceptions like; "I run blah blah sizes but I had to add this or change out whatever" so I wanted to just know what's a good improvement without having to get to technical. I'm a simple man.

TEAM RED

Comment

use the stock ss swaybars. they are the 32mm hallow and 19mm solid. i ran this setup for years before switching over to my strano bars. the reason there is usually an exception is because of the many variables the can change how the car handles.a slight tweak here and there goes a long way once you have the basics done.
                      the strano springs are great. if you have sagging front springs like i did those springs will actually raise up the front of your car. i now have to try to scrape on things that i used too. the rear springs really lower the rear pretty far so that helps with the scraping problem as well.

Comment

I had not heard of Strano springs before but after looking at some other posts sounds like they may be the way to go over Eibach.

TEAM RED

Comment

If you do your research, the two spring sets that are widely recommended by the guys who know what they're talking about are Hotchkis and Strano springs. The difference being Hotchkis are progressive rate and Stranos are not. What this means practically is that both will lower the car about an inch (Stranos may be a bit more IIRC) and both will improve handling characteristics, but the Hotchkis springs trade a bit of the shear handling capabilities for a smoother ride. Being progressive rate, the springs act similarly to stock springs on everyday roads, but as they compress, become progressively stiffer.

I put Hotchkis springs on my Camaro and not only did the car look and handle nicer, but it actually rode smoother, and I found myself scraping less vs. my 12 year old stock springs at the time. If you're looking for a stiffer ride and maximum handling improvement, Strano is the way to go, but if you want a daily drive-able car, go with Hotchkis.

And as mentioned, if you don't want to do extensive research on suspension characteristics to select your sway bar sizes, utilize the suspension engineers advice from GM and put the stock SS sway bars on your car. The 32/19 combo is a great upgrade, and is neutrally safe.
                          sigpic
                          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Good stuff to know, thanks man!

TEAM RED

Comment

Is this the set of stranos for our cars? Some seem to be v8/v6 specific and these dont indicate one way or another. Want to make sure to get the right ones.

http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...=112&ModelID=2

TEAM RED

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X