Y87 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y87 question

I just got my new Camaro ( :D ), which has the Y87 package ( :D :D ). I also have a set of SLP Bilstein shocks sitting at home.
    Does anybody know if the Y87 different shocks from stock, and are the Bilsteins stiffer (stronger, etc.) than what I have now?
    Thanks.
    Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Guardsman:
    Does anybody know if the Y87 different shocks from stock.<hr></blockquote>

No, they are the same. See the Technical Database for details on the Y87 package.
    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Thanks. Any idea on how much of a difference between the stock shocks, and the Bilsteins?
      Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

the regular bilsteins (hd) which you can buy at autozone and many other places (vs the slp revalved bilsteins) are supposed to be an improvment over the stock shocks. so if you have the regular bilsteins and are sticking with stock ride height then go ahead and bolt up the bilsteins, then go find some fun twisties and enjoy..
        -Brad
        98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
        2000 V-Star Custom 1100
        If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
        :rock:

Comment

I have the SLP Bilsteins, which I read somewhere are valved a little less aggresively than the standard Bilteins. Any idea how much of a difference. The rear end of the car does the dance going over bumps and such at 70+ :D mph, and I need to know if the SLPs will help, or if I would be better off trading those for a set of regular Bilsteins. Thanks.

Comment

Get a hold of Sam Strano and talk to him. I posted his number in this forum so do a search. SLP Bilsteins are too soft. Regular are still to soft. He valves them for the spring you'd be using.

Comment

Alright, thanks.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X