Shock tower brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shock tower brace

Does anybody know if an LS1 shock tower brace would fit the v6?

Re: Shock tower brace

no won't clear the alternator

Comment

The only one that specifies V6 that i can find is the hotchkis and that's 230 bucks. Are there any other cheaper ones?

Comment

Originally posted by 02firebird View Post
        The only one that specifies V6 that i can find is the hotchkis and that's 230 bucks. Are there any other cheaper ones?
        It's also the ONLY one that is designed properly - it pivots. The one piece tubular ones are junk.
        Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

So pretty much save up the money and buy the right one the first time.

Comment

With the reg. tubular STB you'll notice a difference about $100 on ebay, even better with SFC's.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

yah i did notice a difference with the tubular bar on my camaro. im sure its not a piece of junk since i have seen worse designs on other cars that have worked.

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
                It's also the ONLY one that is designed properly - it pivots. The one piece tubular ones are junk.
                ^this, looks the best too! When putting my hotchkis stb in i had to use a crow bar to pry it in and get the bolt through. Thats how I know it really snugged up the front. I have UMI now (cost like 60 bucks) looks alright, makes a good place to lean onto. Also good to lift the front if i ever drop the motor. Make a difference? Prob not, maybe in extreme cornering.

STBs make a difference, but i think its hardly noticeable to most, unless your auto-xing everyday.

Dont buy hotchkis new, if you can find one used snag it.

Comment

Originally posted by whitdog54 View Post
                  ^this, looks the best too! When putting my hotchkis stb in i had to use a crow bar to pry it in and get the bolt through. Thats how I know it really snugged up the front. I have UMI now (cost like 60 bucks) looks alright, makes a good place to lean onto. Also good to lift the front if i ever drop the motor. Make a difference? Prob not, maybe in extreme cornering.

STBs make a difference, but i think its hardly noticeable to most, unless your auto-xing everyday.

Dont buy hotchkis new, if you can find one used snag it.
                  Hi Whitdog, you have a V6 Firebird ?, i thought the UMI Towerbrace did not fit on a V6 car, only the V8.
                  Do you have a picture of it installed

Comment

Originally posted by pv-camaro View Post
                    Hi Whitdog, you have a V6 Firebird ?, i thought the UMI Towerbrace did not fit on a V6 car, only the V8.
                    Do you have a picture of it installed

He has z28 now.

Comment

Originally posted by fbodyrs96 View Post
                      He has z28 now.
                      Okay, i didnt know this, i just looked at his Photo gallery,

For the V6 there are a few options, The Hotchkiss, and BMR makes one for the V6 (same as SS)

Does SLP also have one, i had read somewhere ?

Comment

Kenny brown 3 point, but you have to find used or old new stock, since they no longer make it.

Comment

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=p...&productid=287

Comment

Perfect, that's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks guys.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                              New Owner!
                              by LETZRIDE
                              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                              3 days ago
                            • ssms5411
                              Little work today
                              by ssms5411
                              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                              2 weeks ago
                            • LETZRIDE
                              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X