Shock tower brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shock tower brace

Does anybody know if an LS1 shock tower brace would fit the v6?

Re: Shock tower brace

no won't clear the alternator

Comment

The only one that specifies V6 that i can find is the hotchkis and that's 230 bucks. Are there any other cheaper ones?

Comment

Originally posted by 02firebird View Post
        The only one that specifies V6 that i can find is the hotchkis and that's 230 bucks. Are there any other cheaper ones?
        It's also the ONLY one that is designed properly - it pivots. The one piece tubular ones are junk.
        Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

So pretty much save up the money and buy the right one the first time.

Comment

With the reg. tubular STB you'll notice a difference about $100 on ebay, even better with SFC's.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

yah i did notice a difference with the tubular bar on my camaro. im sure its not a piece of junk since i have seen worse designs on other cars that have worked.

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
                It's also the ONLY one that is designed properly - it pivots. The one piece tubular ones are junk.
                ^this, looks the best too! When putting my hotchkis stb in i had to use a crow bar to pry it in and get the bolt through. Thats how I know it really snugged up the front. I have UMI now (cost like 60 bucks) looks alright, makes a good place to lean onto. Also good to lift the front if i ever drop the motor. Make a difference? Prob not, maybe in extreme cornering.

STBs make a difference, but i think its hardly noticeable to most, unless your auto-xing everyday.

Dont buy hotchkis new, if you can find one used snag it.

Comment

Originally posted by whitdog54 View Post
                  ^this, looks the best too! When putting my hotchkis stb in i had to use a crow bar to pry it in and get the bolt through. Thats how I know it really snugged up the front. I have UMI now (cost like 60 bucks) looks alright, makes a good place to lean onto. Also good to lift the front if i ever drop the motor. Make a difference? Prob not, maybe in extreme cornering.

STBs make a difference, but i think its hardly noticeable to most, unless your auto-xing everyday.

Dont buy hotchkis new, if you can find one used snag it.
                  Hi Whitdog, you have a V6 Firebird ?, i thought the UMI Towerbrace did not fit on a V6 car, only the V8.
                  Do you have a picture of it installed

Comment

Originally posted by pv-camaro View Post
                    Hi Whitdog, you have a V6 Firebird ?, i thought the UMI Towerbrace did not fit on a V6 car, only the V8.
                    Do you have a picture of it installed

He has z28 now.

Comment

Originally posted by fbodyrs96 View Post
                      He has z28 now.
                      Okay, i didnt know this, i just looked at his Photo gallery,

For the V6 there are a few options, The Hotchkiss, and BMR makes one for the V6 (same as SS)

Does SLP also have one, i had read somewhere ?

Comment

Kenny brown 3 point, but you have to find used or old new stock, since they no longer make it.

Comment

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=p...&productid=287

Comment

Perfect, that's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks guys.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X