new brakes q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new brakes q

Wellp, took my car in today (yes, I finally got it back) to get the rotors machined (they were warped bad), and since that's not under warranty anymore, it's gonna be $200 to repair, and that's JUST for the front brakes! That's also with new pads. So I think it's time I got some new aftermarket rotors and pads that'll actually last. So, any suggestions? TBYRNE has some PowerSlot rotors for $114 each. Give me suggestions on good (not TOO expensive) rotors and pads. I don't want a whole brake system. I'll probably just be replacing the pads and rotors on the front for now, as my rear brakes aren't in that bad of condition yet.
    Kyle M<br />--------------<br /><a href=\"http://grdws6.netfirms.com\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Trans Am WS6</a> (silver, A4) - lid, cutout, stage 3 shift kit, 12 bolt, vig 3200, tranny cooler, bmr sfc/stb, torq thrust ii. <b>12.688 @ 106.47mph -=- 1.756 60\'</b>

$200.00? You can go to the nearest Pep Boy's and get the front rotor's for about $26.00 a piece. I did that, then I bought Hawk's Brake Pads from www.tirerack.com for about $50.00. I love them brake pads because they don't produce alot of dust like the stock pads. If needed, the stock # on the Hawk's Brake Pads are: HB217F.681 (HPS Compound). I'm sure you can find a friend, family member, street person,...whatever, to put the brakes on for you if you can't do them yourself. They are fairly simple.
    -Marc
    sigpic

Comment

I second the Hawk pads. For rotors, don't waste your money on slotted or cross-drilled, unless you like the look. They do nothing for performance on a street car. I suggest the Baer Enhanced rotor blanks.
      Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X