new brakes q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new brakes q

Wellp, took my car in today (yes, I finally got it back) to get the rotors machined (they were warped bad), and since that's not under warranty anymore, it's gonna be $200 to repair, and that's JUST for the front brakes! That's also with new pads. So I think it's time I got some new aftermarket rotors and pads that'll actually last. So, any suggestions? TBYRNE has some PowerSlot rotors for $114 each. Give me suggestions on good (not TOO expensive) rotors and pads. I don't want a whole brake system. I'll probably just be replacing the pads and rotors on the front for now, as my rear brakes aren't in that bad of condition yet.
    Kyle M<br />--------------<br /><a href=\"http://grdws6.netfirms.com\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Trans Am WS6</a> (silver, A4) - lid, cutout, stage 3 shift kit, 12 bolt, vig 3200, tranny cooler, bmr sfc/stb, torq thrust ii. <b>12.688 @ 106.47mph -=- 1.756 60\'</b>

$200.00? You can go to the nearest Pep Boy's and get the front rotor's for about $26.00 a piece. I did that, then I bought Hawk's Brake Pads from www.tirerack.com for about $50.00. I love them brake pads because they don't produce alot of dust like the stock pads. If needed, the stock # on the Hawk's Brake Pads are: HB217F.681 (HPS Compound). I'm sure you can find a friend, family member, street person,...whatever, to put the brakes on for you if you can't do them yourself. They are fairly simple.
    -Marc
    sigpic

Comment

I second the Hawk pads. For rotors, don't waste your money on slotted or cross-drilled, unless you like the look. They do nothing for performance on a street car. I suggest the Baer Enhanced rotor blanks.
      Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
        New Owner!
        by LETZRIDE
        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
        2 days ago
      • ssms5411
        Little work today
        by ssms5411
        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
        2 weeks ago
      • LETZRIDE
        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X