Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aux input to stock stereo

Originally posted by Brian99
    Yeah I did that this morning and apparently it's the 4 preset button when in cd mode I think. Again if anyone that has this stereo with the cd changer could please chime in to let me know how to activate it. also sean 99 should I have plugged the other cable on the module into the cd changer cable that is back there or just left it unplugged. I guess when I get off work I will just start trying things.
    If i remember right the other cable plugs into the harness.
    My Hu had the Cd/Aux.

-Y87
    Lid,K&N Filter,PaceSetter Headers,Magnaflow Cat 2.5in S-pipe,Flomaster :(,3.42 LSD

Comment

Never mind This might sound werd but my original monsoon that the cd player broke on the mp3 module works with. My monsoon that I bought this summer to replace the broken cd player monsoon will not play the mp3's because it is out of a 98. So I out my original one in and the mp3 player works perfectly. So I have an mp3 player and radio but no cd player. Thanks or all the responses guys. I really appreciate the help and feedback.
      -Brian
      Last edited by Brian99; 12-06-2007, 05:19 PM.

Comment

So I out my original one in and the mp3 player works perfectly. So I have an mp3 player and radio but no cd player.
        Bah. I never use my CD player anymore...
        Red 96' A4 Firebird
        Audio Audio and Autotek
        Check it out here!

Comment

is it possible for this to work on a stock Bose delco CD player?

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

Originally posted by gugdathug3
            is it possible for this to work on a stock Bose delco CD player?
            From this whole experience I am under the impression that it will only work with a late 99 firebird Monsoon and a 98+ Camaro Monsoon stereo with the ability to control a cd changer. I don't think the Bose came with a cd changer so I would have to go with no.

Comment

From this whole experience I am under the impression that it will only work with a late 99 firebird Monsoon and a 98+ Camaro Monsoon stereo with the ability to control a cd changer. I don't think the Bose came with a cd changer so I would have to go with no.

Thank you, i appreciate it.

But just to make sure... can you tell by these pictures?

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

See I think your stereo has to have the 10 pin input that I circles on the previois page but it also had to be able to control a cd changer. I don't think the bose had the option to come with a cd changer. I also don't see a cd/play or cd/aux button on that stereo.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean_99_3.8 View Post

Website was a big help! I see Crutchfield no longer sells it. I did a Ebay search and found a few. So I guess I should be looking for the PIE brand? Any other brands or manufacturers? Anyone have pics after the install with the wiring? This would be a great addition to my Camaro. Anybody post instructions and or pics on how to remove the Monsoon factory head unit (where the bolts and panels to remove). Sorry for any newb questions. Thanks!

Comment

I didn't read through this thread, but there is a product for what you want.

http://www.icarkits.com/advanced_sea...icle=1&sort=4d

I got one back in June and its been great. Another member on the camaroforums has had it a while longer than me and has had no problems either. I'll post up some pics later of the install.

Comment

Thanks for the info but that ipod adapter is a little too much than I wanted to spend. I don't own a ipod. So that adapter won't work in my application. I'm just looking fort he standard audio/headphone jack/adapter to work with my Zune, Dell, and Sandisk MP3 players. If I had a ipod, this would be great.

Comment

__________________________________________________ _______________
                        RAM Electronics Newsletter
                        RAM Releases new i-extreme Generation 3 Cables
                        __________________________________________________ _______________
                        Greetings!
                        RAM's i-extreme Dock connector cables now 100% iPod and iPhone compatible!
                        New i-extreme G3 Dock Connector Cables
                        __________________________________________________ ________________
                        RAM's i-extreme Dock connector cables now 100% iPod and iPhone compatible!

That's right, no weird messages, no "airplane mode", just great sound with no distortion or noise.

The i-extreme cables are made in three types:

* Dock to Dual RCA connectors for Home Stereo or powered speaker connections
                        * Dock to mini plug for Car line input connections
                        * Dock to right angle mini plug for Car line input connections

"GOOGLE" RAM ELECTRONICS FOR THE PICTURE AND PRICING

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X