Aux input to stock stereo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aux input to stock stereo

Hey all. I just got myself a Camaro and it has the Monsoon stereo in it. From what I've been told it is pretty good so I don't want to change it for aftermarket.

But on my previous car I have an auxiliary hookup to my aftermarket stereo. I've been told there is an adapter to get auxiliary inputs on the stock HU. I can't seem to find the right one. Sounddomain's site isn't working and I can't find it on crutchfield.

Help me out here please.

Re: Aux input to stock stereo

Got a factory CD changer? I believe the PAC AAI-GM9 will work if you do. And I could have swore there was an interface module that just plugged into the CD changer port on the headunit and didn't actually need the changer itself at all.....
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

If your HU has the changer port then there is a adaptor that plugs into the back of the hu then to the aux out. i have one that ill sell u.
      when i get home i post up a pic of it

-Y87
      Lid,K&N Filter,PaceSetter Headers,Magnaflow Cat 2.5in S-pipe,Flomaster :(,3.42 LSD

Comment

I'll check for that 9-pin port as soon as I have the Camaro. I'll be picking it up on Sunday. It has the Monsoon setup, so I think it should have the port even though I am almost positive it doesn't have the CD changer.

Comment

this might help http://home.comcast.net/~grayman99/GM9-AUX.htm

-Y87
          Lid,K&N Filter,PaceSetter Headers,Magnaflow Cat 2.5in S-pipe,Flomaster :(,3.42 LSD

Comment

Oh, I hate the monsoon system with a passion...
            *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Ok I have a 99 Firebird with a radio that has the cd changer 10 pin out. If I were to get this kit (GM9-AUX) then does that just plug into the cd changer port and I am ready to go. Is there any fabrication and what esle if anything would I need to plug in an mp3 player or ipod. Do i just need a 1/8 patch cord (like the one that you headphones have) to go to the player. And does that cord just plug into the back of this kit.
              thanks
              Last edited by Brian99; 11-14-2007, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian99
                Ok I have a 99 Firebird with a radio that has the cd changer 10 pin out. If I were to get this kit (GM9-AUX) then does that just plug into the cd changer port and I am ready to go. Is there any fabrication and what esle if anything would I need to plug in an mp3 player or ipod. Do i just need a 1/8 patch cord (like the one that you headphones have) to go to the player. And does that cord just plug into the back of this kit.
                thanks
                It does not require and fab work. just run the wire behind the dash.
                i have one if your interested.
                here is a pic of what it looks like.

-Y87

Comment

How is the quality is it like cd quality. also if you have used it how do you like it. also how much you want for it? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Brian99
                    How is the quality is it like cd quality. also if you have used it how do you like it. also how much you want for it? thanks
                    The quality depends on what bit rate mp3s you are playing.
                    When i used it i and had no problems and it sounded good.
                    $30 depending on shipping.

-Y87

Comment

Where the hell did you find it for $30? All I can find is about $65.

Comment

Originally posted by Shad0wguy
                        Where the hell did you find it for $30? All I can find is about $65.
                        I think he's selling it for $30
                        ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                        A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Ok I got the interface module in form sean today and got it put in but I am having some problems. Ok Sean 99 or anyone else that can help me. I plugged both of the 10m pin connectors one into my stereo and the other onto the cd changer cable that is back there. I went to play my MP3 player and i pushed all the buttons my stereo and nothing. Like I said my stereo has the cd changer port.

So my next question is if I want it to play what button do I push. Those of you with the cd changer I would greatly apreciate the input on how to go fro a cd to the changer.

Thanks a lot
                          Brian
                          Last edited by Brian99; 12-05-2007, 11:09 PM.

Comment

On that one I am not sure. Normally there is a button for CD/AUX and you press that. I don't see an AUX button on there. Since the adapter runs off the CD changer port, look in your owners manual for how to activate the CD changer. That should tell you what button to press.

Comment

Yeah I did that this morning and apparently it's the 4 preset button when in cd mode I think. Again if anyone that has this stereo with the cd changer could please chime in to let me know how to activate it. also sean 99 should I have plugged the other cable on the module into the cd changer cable that is back there or just left it unplugged. I guess when I get off work I will just start trying things.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X