is my amp good enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: is my amp good enough?

can i use any wire as long as its like say 4 gauge?

do you mean 15 feet total of wire?

and yes i remember the post on the 3 wires earlier, but i forgot where i had seen it.

should i get any different connectors ?

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident
      can i use any wire as long as its like say 4 gauge?

do you mean 15 feet total of wire?

and yes i remember the post on the 3 wires earlier, but i forgot where i had seen it.

should i get any different connectors ?

yes, yes, ok, and maybe batt terminals

Comment

Originally posted by travis brackett
        yes, yes, ok, and maybe batt terminals
        excellent, thanx for the information i will look to do this, is there any brand or product u suggest for this?

how much would this whole thing cost a guylike me ?

thanx

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident
          how much would this whole thing cost a guylike me ?
          with 8g $20 ... with 4g $30

Comment

Ok Amps Everyoen listen up the amp says 1000watts but its not unless its Jl basically when you buy an amp look for RMS rating thas how much its goign to push true power so baicall on subs's also look for RMS rating

Comment

You're saying only JL amps have RMS ratings in the product name? Try again...

And if you are powering subs, use a class D amp. Or at least Class A/B.
              Last edited by Earnhardt132000; 08-03-2007, 11:21 AM.
              <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

Jl are like the only one who say the acutal Watts they really are but for instince Sony 1200watt amp it says it on the amp but it really isnt Do some reasearch on the internet look at mmodel number and Find the RMS Rating for it then there ya go

Comment

Actually it's higher level sound quality brands that tend to market the RMS ratings, i.e. JL, Xtant, Hifonics, Pheonix Gold, Elemental Design, MMats, MA, and McIntosh to name a few. JL is just the one that everyone knows. JL has done an amazing job not only with their products but with their marketing, most other companies are not as good at both.
                  2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

JL is the only mainstream company that does that. There are plenty of others, they just aren't as well known. And they are all cheaper as well, JL is... I won't say overpriced, but not cost-effective.
                    <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

Originally posted by Earnhardt132000
                      they just aren't as well known..

mybe to you ...

[And they are all cheaper as well.

a US AMPS VLX25 is about $800... its rated at only 12.5w X 2

a Massive D400X msrp is like $2499 ... its rated at 4,000 X 2 at 12.5v

my old ORION HCCA 2100 G5 msrp was $1400Ea.... rated at 100 X 2 at 4ohm
                      its like 1600rms at 0.5ohms (I was run them at 0.65ohms)

NOT cheaper

[I won't say overpriced, but not cost-effective.
                      I'll say it ... "JL is overpriced"

Comment

They really aren't overpriced, they are quality amps. But there are plenty of amps that are cheaper that will do just as well.

I'm talking about budget amps being cheaper than JL, not high-class amps like McIntosh and the like.

I'm really not sure what you are getting at with your post...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X