• Show
Clear All

Re: another sub box question

a pic of what it used to look like
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...andbike021.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by g9m1c View Post
      I think he's looking for something that sits lower. Said he still wants to use the flap.. so maybe that dropped down 8" with the amp mounted on the back wall of the trunk hole?

Comment

That's a nice looking setup, but I want to find one that isn't so obvious to anyone that might be walking by.
        1997 Chevrolet Camaro
        L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

it sticks up about 3in so ya you couldn't use the privacy shield but you can make it sit lower it wouldn't be hard. I just made it like that to make the amps flush. If you were to buy one it might sit flush i have never seen a prefab in a car before.

Comment

Originally posted by g9m1c View Post
            it sticks up about 3in so ya you couldn't use the privacy shield but you can make it sit lower it wouldn't be hard. I just made it like that to make the amps flush. If you were to buy one it might sit flush i have never seen a prefab in a car before.
            Subthump makes some nice prefab boxes and they fit great.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Hey guys, I finally got around to getting a box for my car. It's a pre made box that fits under the flap over the trunk. When I got it I resealed it, because it looked like whatever they used to seal it up was all shrivled up. After the silicone dried up I put my subs in and pushed one down and the other rose up. Is that good? Now I have another question, where are you guys hiding your amps? I was thinking about the spair tire area, but I'm not sure how I'm going to actually mount the amp.
              1997 Chevrolet Camaro
              L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

Did you look at my box thread?

Comment

Originally posted by espey_16 View Post
                  Hey guys, I finally got around to getting a box for my car. It's a pre made box that fits under the flap over the trunk. When I got it I resealed it, because it looked like whatever they used to seal it up was all shrivled up. After the silicone dried up I put my subs in and pushed one down and the other rose up. Is that good? Now I have another question, where are you guys hiding your amps? I was thinking about the spair tire area, but I'm not sure how I'm going to actually mount the amp.
                  I've got mine mounted behind the sparetire, fits perfectly and it is totally hidden. Highly suggest mounting it there. Right behind the visible part of the antenna is best (IMO).
                  In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
                  2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

The way I built my box, my amp sits hidden under one of the side extensions...

Comment

Originally posted by 1997Canadian3.8 View Post
                      I've got mine mounted behind the sparetire, fits perfectly and it is totally hidden. Highly suggest mounting it there. Right behind the visible part of the antenna is best (IMO).
                      What did you use to mount the amp? I don't want to throw some screws in there and have them come through the outside (if that's possible, been a while since I've looked back there).
                      1997 Chevrolet Camaro

Comment

A piece of wood, plastic straps and some material to cover the wood. It is very simple and looks clean and hidden.

In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
                        2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X