another sub box question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another sub box question

Hey guys I tried searching, but didn't see what I need. My girlfriend gave me her 2 subs out of her old car and I want to get one of those boxes that fits down in the trunk and the subs face upwards. Not where they face kinda towards the front, because I want to keep the flap that conceals the trunk. Does anyone have experience with this type of box? All the threads I found were for stealth boxes and dual boxes you can see when the trunk is closed. Thanks y'all.
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro
    L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Re: another sub box question

Just make what you want.There are very limited options for pre made boxes!

Comment

I had my box custom made. I have a convertible; however, my box fits perfectly in the trunk well. My sub faces the rear of the car, so when you open the trunk you can't tell there is a sub.

To be honest your best bet is to get custom made.... It fits like a glove in my trunk and it was well worth the money.
      In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
      2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

I would, but I don't have the resources to do it, and I've never made one before. I've found plenty of them for around $80. I just want to know what peoples opinions of them are and if they sound ok.
        1997 Chevrolet Camaro
        L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

Originally posted by espey_16 View Post
          I would, but I don't have the resources to do it, and I've never made one before. I've found plenty of them for around $80. I just want to know what peoples opinions of them are and if they sound ok.
          I had a shop make mine just because they tuned it to my Alpine Type R.

Make sure whatever you decide on it's ported... Nothing beats the sound of a ported sub box.
          In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
          2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

make sure you port it right..
            Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
            1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
            1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
            2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

http://tmo.ebay.com/Pages/ViewItem.a...%20box&emvcc=0
              This is what I'm looking at. A litle more than $80 but whatever. It also needs to be for 12" subs instead of 10".
              1997 Chevrolet Camaro

Comment

If u do go ported make sure it is the size the sub manufacture recommends. I made a box similar to that for my two 12s which I'm trying to get rid of.

Comment

Do you have any pics of it?
                  1997 Chevrolet Camaro

Comment

Seriously, just make one. Take your time and its pretty easy. As long as you have the tools, that is. I made mine in a few hours, but I don't like where it is.... still though, ¾" MDF some silicon and screws is all you need. Plus wrapping.

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
                      Seriously, just make one. Take your time and its pretty easy. As long as you have the tools, that is. I made mine in a few hours, but I don't like where it is.... still though, ¾" MDF some silicon and screws is all you need. Plus wrapping.
                      lol its more then just making a box.. following sub specs specifically will have your sub sounding at its best. IE: box size etc etc. check out youtube and stuff i know KICKER makes some instructional videos and etc on stuff like this.
                      Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
                      1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
                      1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
                      2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

Originally posted by ACiFiC View Post
                        lol its more then just making a box.. following sub specs specifically will have your sub sounding at its best. IE: box size etc etc. check out youtube and stuff i know KICKER makes some instructional videos and etc on stuff like this.
                        ^ X2

Making a subbox is easy, anyone can do it. Making one that sounds good and uses the subs potential; is difficult.
                        In America's Hat!

Comment

Have tried looking around subthump's inventory? Maybe even try giving them a call and see if they'll do something custom for you.

If not them, check out Kee Audio.
                          '99 Camaro
                          '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
                          '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Originally posted by 1997Canadian3.8 View Post
                            ^ X2

Making a subbox is easy, anyone can do it. Making one that sounds good and uses the subs potential; is difficult.
                            I guesstimated mine, and it sounds great? Maybe I got lucky. And I've had two different subs in it...

But subthump doesn't have any that sit flat (that I've seen). Kee does have good products though. I'm buying a replacement speaker set when I have the money.

Comment

If you want I can send you the dimensions for mine?

Next time I go to visit it in storage I'll measure my box.
                              In America's Hat!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X