sound system dissapointment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sound system dissapointment

im guessing its the amp that not cutting it. i dont think its my head unit even tought i bough a couple months ago its only seen like 2 hours play at most since ive had my car parked. ima wait and see if other friends have a bigger amp that i can borrow. they told i might have wire the sub wrong. i have it wire from positive to positive and negative to negative and then wired to the box.

Comment

i promise you, 100% promise, its your box (pending proper wiring). i had a kicker kx200.2 hooked up to two tens in an oversized box and they were deep and sounded good. the box that you showed us is very small.

make sure your terminals are right and that all the wiring is right. If you have negative hooked to positive and visa versa, then the sub will work, but sound like JUNK! be real quiet like. Do you have it bridged on your amp?
      Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

i bought a bigger box and ported and it sounds better, bridged how, the amp has only on set of postive, negative terminals

Comment

groovy dude!
          Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

its ur amp dude ur only sending 180rms to each sub that weak dude and ssms5411
            is right true good sounding bass comes from ealed boxes ported r used when u dont have a good set up and cant get n e thing out of them. the subs are "ok" a good amp for those would be a RF with like 600 rms at 2 ohm cause if u under power a sub you WILL blow them. and RF subs blow they make the greastest amps and wiring on the planet but dont get thier subs (very sensative) one bad tweak and ur done. those kickers should rattle u pretty good it just sounds like to me they arent getting enough power i work at a car audio place doing installs and working on systems and thats the biggest thing i get in is subs under powerd and sounding like ****. u can tweak all u want if u dont have enough power it wont ever sound good

Comment

oh and that box is a universal size a good mix for deep and tight bass so if u lisen to rock and rap its perfect but just rock a little smaller more rap u want it bigger

Comment

Originally posted by bwkmaro View Post
                oh and that box is a universal size a good mix for deep and tight bass so if u lisen to rock and rap its perfect but just rock a little smaller more rap u want it bigger
                the box he has is not for deep bass, its gonna give punch and high frequency bass.
                Team NoVa

Comment

i havent messed with it for the last couple days ive decided to sell it and get somethign else. maybe its just me i was prob expecting to much out this sub.

Comment

so my friend brought and infinity amp to try out and holy **** this thing hits hard. i mean i almost brought the house down. so i cheked it out onliine and see its not as big as the amp i have. so i why it this jajajaj i have and 800 watt and the infinity is i bealive 283 bridge lol. the only thing is that on the infinity amp when i put the volume up the amp turns of and the protect light come on why is that??

this is the infinitiy amp

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ojDYwQa...nce-7520a.html

this is the amp i have in the car

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-GM7300...9202203&sr=8-3
                    Last edited by michael454rs@hotmail.com; 12-27-2009, 02:24 PM.

Comment

that infinity amp actually puts out more power at 4ohms than your amp does

Comment

really that sucks, my friend is selling it to me for 40 dollars but the problem is that when i turn up the volume the amp turns of and the protect light comes on. what can cause this?

Comment

bad ground could cause that, try tightening it down or scraping of the paint under it

Comment

really the other amp i have never did that you think its doing that because its has more power????

Comment

maybe your alternator/battery/ power supply isnt big enough to properly power that size amp, i know i killed 2 alternators and had to get a high performance 230 amp alternator to power my stuff

Comment

before that 800 watt pionneer i ahd and 800 performacne technique and it was as aloud as the infinity and never had that problem

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X