upping spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: upping spark

Better but it still has some peaks and valleys. Try it and see if yuo have any knock retard.
    sigpic

Comment

here is another update of what I have so far...

Question though, I keep upping the spark in the WOT section as I go along and make adjustments, and as long as I don't get knock. I've changed my AFR to commande 12.8 at WOT... However, when I look at my previous logs and what the car was actually advancing the spark at WOT I was getting -24 to -30...Now, after upping the spark atleast 4 degrees from that point that I last made changes, I am still only getting -24 to -30 advancement...infact, my records from the race track show that I was evening getting more advance before at then I am now, despite the fact that I have raised it on the octane tables...

I am even showing sometimes less advance then my octane table is showing...why is this? Is this due to the Base, IAT and ECT spark tables? if so...I am not getting knock now...but when it gets a little colder out, do I risk getting knock in the car because maybe those tables won't pull as much or any timing?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by LETZRIDE; 07-04-2009, 04:39 PM.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Damm thats alot of timing , any KR, I wouldn't go past 28 degrees in the bottom right hand side tables. Whats the temp outside? On mine it is the opposite I'm in Hot weather, I set mine to 25 degrees and my timing shows 27-28 degrees , I know now it is the AIT table or ECT table. As long as I know what it is running at and no KR then I don't worry. I have my Areoforce scan gauge always on to monitor the readings. My AIT's are like 120's-130's and ECT is around 190's -200's sometimes. My A/F is command at 12.5 and I run just about around there with LT's +/- 2 to 4. Have you changed anything with the AIT's or ECT's? Turn COT to 288 temp?
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I've upped the COT's...I know it seems a little high, but I only get some knock at part throttle which I am adressing now...its in the middlish cells, and it's on average not very much, but I would like to eliminate that totally...no knock under WOT...

But at the same time, when I look at chart 1 and see what I actually am advancing...the numbers are a little less then what the high octane table is asking for...even a little less then what the low octane table is asking for...

it is about 22 degrees over here which is about 71 farenheit...should get up to as high as maybe 95 before the summers out...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
          1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X