GTP injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTP injectors

Alright, I just bought some 36# stock GTP injectors and wondered if I could just take the injector table #'s from a GTP and call it good for tuning the new injectors in?
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Re: GTP injectors

The stock 98 GTP flowrate Vs. KPA

from 0-100vac
    steadily increases from 36.1 to 38.4 across the band.

I would copy the stock GTP one and log runs, then edit from there.

36.1 36.51 37.03 37.76 37.91 37.99 38.04 38.1 38.14 38.28 38.4
    That is the stock values from 0-100vac for a 98 GTP.

Comment

im running GTPs too, mine is 36.1 across the table. for some reason my car likes that way better.

dont forget to reset fuel trims after install. also LTFTs and MAF calibration would have to be done..
      Last edited by iGoRa; 07-14-2006, 11:51 PM.

Comment

I looked at a 97 gtp and they had it set to 36.28 across the board and then a 99 had it increasing from 36.10 like the 98. Andrew mentioned in his tuning guide to make the flow rates the same across the board to make it easier to tune

Comment

The GTP being supercharged steadily increases fuel across the board to compensate for the boost.

Comment

Originally posted by Nachius
            The GTP being supercharged steadily increases fuel across the board to compensate for the boost.
            duh! stupid me, I forgot about needing the fuel for the extra boost as it increases. Thanks Nachius.

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
              duh! stupid me, I forgot about needing the fuel for the extra boost as it increases. Thanks Nachius.
              I have a hypothesis that you only need the injector rate incrementing until you get to your PE. Then the injector rate can be the same which might actually be easier to tune PE. I really dont know but it makes sense to me... I just need to start massive R & D
              2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

do I have to do a case learn or anything after the injector swap or do I just have to reset the fuel trims so the PCM relearns them with the new injectors?

Comment

Yes - othewise it uses the old trims for some reason.

Comment

also you might want to dial your LTFTs.
                    Also compare your stock scan with 36# and see what difference do you have.

Comment

Originally posted by iGoRa
                      Yes - othewise it uses the old trims for some reason.
                      yes to resetting the fuel trims, or yes to a case learn?

Comment

Reset FT - click ones , and after hit case learn, go for a drive and try to hit as many cells as you could in LTFT table.

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
                          I have a hypothesis that you only need the injector rate incrementing until you get to your PE. Then the injector rate can be the same which might actually be easier to tune PE. I really dont know but it makes sense to me... I just need to start massive R & D
                          thats very interesting , but my car didnt liked increments right after injector swap, I could def feel hiccups during acceleration right after injector swap(no PE). But its could be due to my Fuel trims learn case was not completed.

Comment

yea, my stock injectors only liked the stock table(which is incremented) or "22.99" across the board
                            2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X