help with KR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: help with KR

are you tuning off afr error or fuel trim error?. Do you use any filters. i was trying to filter out decel. by filtering out 0% throttle position. but sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldnt. what other forum did you go too? and yeah i'd compare the KR feeling to...running into a rubber band. the motor still revving and screaming but no more power.

i just came across a good filter on the hptuners forum:
    In the scanner, filter out data by the Fuel Trim PID. 0 is idle, 1 is decel, everything else is some form of throttle. So the filter is [PID.6310]>1 to only use throttle values, decel will distort the data
    Last edited by thebeewantsboost; 05-15-2013, 04:51 PM.

Comment

MAF -LTFT
      which is MAF airflow vs output frequency. I do not use any filters.
      I used this guide to get me going. Dont get me wrong im still a noob using hptuners.
      http://www.grandprixforums.net/start...ers-43997.html

Comment

another unsuccessful night tuning. fuel trims were real close. and then somehow off again by like 15%... go figure. i'll give that write up a look tomorrow. thanx

Comment

You have to give it a couple tries mine started off at -18 then slowly began going down and I do mean slowly. The 97 PCM takes forever to adapt.

Comment

i had some luck today. it looks like my afr error, which is actually a lambda error pid may be messed up. it was showing errors of up to 60% when i was tuning PE and didn't seem to be working right doing part throttle and cruise... i ended up just multiplying whole sections by a certain percentage and it got me pretty close. my PE is commanded 11.2 and i'm getting anywhere from 10.3 to 11.1 mostly on the leaner side of those afr's. i'm going to switch back to an afr pid i believe. Even though i like the simplicity of lambda. i dont think i know how to set up the pid correctly on our pcm, with no existing equivalence ratio pid. i'll try using a standard afr pid and see if i have better luck. anyhow it was running good like that. i did get KR when shifting into 4th it looks like i actually shifted to slow because it commanded 14.7 for a split second. afr went up to and thats where the knock was........ any idea how to fix something like that? i remember you saying you were getting knock whenever you let off the throttle.

Comment

I reduced the % on the tps to engage PE. I drive a stalled auto though. I was only letting go off the pedal because I couldn't get any traction which in turn would make the car run leaner.

Comment

i actually did that also and i'm not having that problem anymore. i'm also able to run alot more timing. still having a few issues, but i'm actually getting some support on the hptuner forum. i've gotten a p0300 a few times on hard pulls. actually i got that code once.. and then 2 other times i got a cel. that hptuners wouldn't pull a code for.. but i really think it was for misfires. i've got some slight intermittent misses at idle and i've logged misfires with hp tuners, seems i'm getting quite a few on cylinder 1, 3, and 6. while driving.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X