X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with KR

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...series-II-tune
    link to scan. tune and cfg.

i'm running a 8# spring in my ebay wastegate. Through 1st and 2nd gear my autometer boost gauge shows 5psi. and in 3rd gear it creeps up to 10.
    i'm not sure if the gauge is incorrect or if its the wastegate. so it could be 8psi and 13psi.
    regardless, in 3rd gear i'm running single digit timing. and about .78 lambda. which is 11.5 afr i'm getting up to 6 counts of KR once i hit 3rd gear/higher boost.
    any advice? is there anything in my scans i'm missing? i know i need to get my fuel trims adjusted for part throttle they used to be dead on. but its been sitting for a while. i plan on getting some race gas. and seeing if things change. i forgot to log maf hz in this scan so its missig the afr error histogram. but u can still see the lambda error in the table.

should i richen it up for higher boost?
    use another step colder plugs?
    Last edited by thebeewantsboost; 05-13-2013, 10:54 PM.

Re: help with KR

You could try and richen it , but most likely it false knock.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

did you happen to look at the files? man its scary. btw, i believe the compressor surge i was having was actually causing my crazy false knock problems i had. previously. i guess i'll fatten it up and throw in some race gas see where im at...
      how much max boost did you end up running?

Comment

How much timing are you running? Also dial in your fuel trims before doing wot runs

Comment

Originally posted by thebeewantsboost View Post
          did you happen to look at the files? man its scary. btw, i believe the compressor surge i was having was actually causing my crazy false knock problems i had. previously. i guess i'll fatten it up and throw in some race gas see where im at...
          how much max boost did you end up running?

Mine was set at 11psi but it would surge upto 13 and up , never got it dialed in , my plan was to run a 3psi spring then turn it up with the boost controller. I'm still waiting on changing my front cover and then I'm going to reinstall the turbo.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

From what i saw on your log when you shift into third your injector duty dropped to 0 and you started getting kr at that spot. I wouldn't trust your lambda o2's. I think you might actually be running lean which is causing the kr. comparing my wb to the lambda it shows an 11:5 afr in the 940's, but i guess that just varies from o2 to o2 brand.

Comment

this is my timing table.

i pulled my plugs today and it definitely looks like i'm running a little hot. after seeing the condition i tried some ngk tr7's.

the other night i was racing a friend. and my car stopped pulling hard in 3rd and i got a CEL, but when i scanned for codes it didn't show anything oddly.the same thing happened today when i was trying out the tr7's and it did give me a p0300.
              i guess there are 2 options.. it could be a lean miss :( and real KR. or it could be a spark related misfire. i was gonna change out the plugs today because i thought i had been hearing a random misfire at idle.

Comment

this was the worst of them.

Comment

I think you are running lean at wot, the same thing happened to me when I was tunning for wot. At round 11.7:1 is we're I would get a spike of kr also letting go off the gas then mashing the peddle contributed to it.(I couldn't get traction going 50mph so I would let go of the gas and then press it again)

Also what gap are you running on the plugs?

I'm running tr6's gapped at .025 with zero problems.
                  Last edited by alex553; 05-13-2013, 10:54 PM.

Comment

i truly don't understand what my fuel trims are so out of control. they were pretty close last time i scanned. although it has been sitting for a year. Got gas from the same 0 ethanol station.

alex are you saying you wouldn't trust the narrowband, or the wideband? i pretty well ignore the narrowbands. i watched the scan a few times, where i was seeing KR, and i didn't see a spot where the injector duty dipped to 0?

i gapped the tr6 and tr7's both at .35
                    i searched the forum for the gap recommendation when i was changing them, don't remember exactly where i got it though. and that's what the old ones came out gapped as also.
                    i guess the third possibility for my misfire could be the boost blowing out the spark i seem to recall reading abuot that at some point.

are you saying when your afr got as lean as 11.7, you started to get KR? what were you aiming for?
                    i've got a 5 speed so, my foot comes off the pedal every shift. it does seem to come on at the 3rd gear shift.
                    i appreciated the responses.
                    Last edited by thebeewantsboost; 05-13-2013, 11:19 PM.

Comment

They get out of control because of the change of weather. In the winter my fuel trims were spot on,then summer came along and they started leaning out. I wouldn't trust the narrowbands they read different depending on brand and age. Try adding more fuel. That's what got rid of my kr since it was indeed leaning out.

I'll take a screenshot of the part where it dips to 0

Stupid computer didnt let me take a screenshot
                      on frame 1069 or on the time 3:36 when you shifted if dipped to 0 and you started getting some kr
                      I was looking at your log again and it seems you are running lean. on first gear you o2s are at 902-910 then when you shift into second they go between 880-903, then when you shift to 3rd 859-881, then when you shifted to fourth you started getting a lot of kr it was between 833-864
                      so you progressively went leaner
                      this is between 1:52 and 2:11
                      Last edited by alex553; 05-14-2013, 12:41 AM.

Comment

good eye catching the difference in the narrowbands. like i said i've never really payed attention to them. i guess i will have to keep an eye on them and how they change. i appreciate the help a ton, i'm going to work on my fuel trims and add some fuel up top... not necessarily in that order though... to be honest, i can't remember if i actually ever tuned those maf hz cells. because its not every day that i drive to 110. i really hope i haven't hurt anthing. i still haven't heard any knock, just felt the knock retard ... or misfires whichever it was. it'd be great if you could keep an eye on this post i will update it when i've had some time to adjust things.
                        on another note, i'm pretty excited because i should be able to add quite a bit of timing and have more power :)
                        Last edited by thebeewantsboost; 05-14-2013, 04:20 PM.

Comment

You should get a wideband to be on the safe side. I noticed on some of my logs my afr would climb to 12:1, but I wouldnt get any kr and that's too lean. Right now I'm playing it safe at 10.5:1 to be on the safe side it's my dd. lol don't worry about the 110 mph I still don't reach that point max I have gone on it is up to 80-90 ish due to maxing the maf :(.
                          What you felt was most likely kr it feels like you just hit a wall doesn't it?

18* is ideal for boost but until you get your fueling done I wouldn't go there yet. I myself am at 12* at wot. I'm waiting to install my a2w intercooler so my intake temps are constant and don't mess with my ltft

Comment

how much boost are you running?
                            i do have a wideband. i just realized that you couldn't see it in my scan. i'm definitely gonna richen it up.
                            today, i tried to fix my fuel trims. and it was a huge pain in the ***.... i don't know why but tuning the maf has always been a pain for me. i was using the wideband and russ k's method. i might just use the ltft's.

Comment

I have no idea xD on my gauge it goes past the 10 psi limit. The maf reads 43lbs/min

Just take 15 minutes drives doing different driving styles and try and hit as many cells as you can on the hz table. Then copy it go to the airflow thing on your tune then paste special multiply by%. I know its a pain in the *** I just do it every time I drive the car.

I tried using russ k's guide but it didnt work out for me so I went searching to the grand prix forums which did help me especially since their trying to tune for boost

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X