Maf tuning trouble?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maf tuning trouble?!

ok so i have to have the egr disables? or enabled. i just wired it up and am in the process of writing the tune/config for it to all work.

Comment

You have to be logging the egr in your config. If you are concerned about passing emissions just wire it up through your AC and add your AC to the config. It's not like you're going to be scanning it all the time so you won't have to even mess with disabling the egr.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Ok i wired it all up and it threw a O2 senser code? bank 2 sensor 1 something.

Comment

Where in the exhaust did you install the wideband?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

drivers side about 2 1/2 inchs below the pacesetters flange.

Comment

should i be getting negative numbers in the maf err hitsogram. i expectred positive ones

Comment

Yeah, you'll get negative and positive. What kind of numbers are you getting?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

i was getting from around 12 to -30 they are closer to 3 to -4 now, after a few tunes car drives so much better stoped bucking in the lower rpms, but the copy/pasting put my numbers from 2500 and below up to high and car would stall at stops so i copy/pasted pre maf tuning numbers and now its runing and starting great.

Comment

Originally posted by 01PewterDropTop View Post
                    should i be getting negative numbers in the maf err hitsogram. i expectred positive ones
                    Please bare with me hear,when I was building back in the 80s we did not have maf,what does it stand for.

-jimfire

Comment

I think it is Mass airflow frequency.
                      Last edited by ssms5411; 05-18-2012, 11:45 AM.
                      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by jimfire View Post
                        Please bare with me hear,when I was building back in the 80s we did not have maf,what does it stand for.

-jimfire

It is the Mass Air Flow sensor.

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by 01PewterDropTop View Post
                          i was getting from around 12 to -30 they are closer to 3 to -4 now, after a few tunes car drives so much better stoped bucking in the lower rpms, but the copy/pasting put my numbers from 2500 and below up to high and car would stall at stops so i copy/pasted pre maf tuning numbers and now its runing and starting great.
                          If you're getting 3 to -4 that's pretty good. Something I learned recently, don't tune your cruise speeds with your wideband. Use to stock 02 sensors just like you did with your wideband. They are more accurate at stoich than a wideband. Check this thread out. http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=105324

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X