Maf tuning trouble?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maf tuning trouble?!

I cant setup a historam for tuning my MAF, i cant get my LC-1 to display its data into the HPtuners. Do i have to have the HPTuners PRo to use my wideband? i cant find any information on HPtuners site that will help me

Re: Maf tuning trouble?!

for maf tuning i just add an maf hz pid into the table and use that against the fuel trims to correct the maf. I know there are ways to use the wideband without pro but I am not sure how since I dont have a wideband, hopefully somebody else can chime in
    auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
    15.11@91.14
    Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

Check the Hptuners forum. You can wire the WB in through the EGR. I think there is a thread there.

Comment

Yeah, you can wire it through the EGR or the AC lines. It's a little annoying to set it up. http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...+wideband+lc-1

TEAM C6V6

Comment

I cant find any info in the actual wiring what wires do i need to do what with?

Comment

I'm not familiar with that specific wideband but it has to have some kind of output that you connect to the egr wires. I'm not sure if the polarity matters.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Here.. I looked up your user manual for you.....

6. Optionally, the YELLOW (Analog out 1) and/or BROWN (Analog out 2) can be connected
              to the analog inputs of other devices such as data loggers, ECUs, or gauges. If either one or
              both of these wires are not being used isolate and tape the wire(s) out of the way. The default
              analog outputs are as follows: Analog output one is 1.1V = 14 AFR and .1V = 15 AFR. This is
              a simulated narrowband signal. Analog output two is setup as 0V = 7.35 AFR and 5V = 22.39
              AFR. Note: The LC-1’s heater ground and system ground wires should share the same
              grounding location of the analog input’s ground. Refer to chapter 2.2 for recommended
              wiring schematics.

This is saying that you should use Analog output 2.
              Last edited by Blizzard242; 04-17-2012, 03:04 PM.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Analog output 2 is connected to my gauge. So I have to connect analog output 2 to my egr??

Do you know what wire on the egr it should go to? what color

Comment

I'm not sure since I hooked mine to my !AC. A few other people here should know and will hopefully chime in.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

does your ac still work? with the WB hooked to it?

Comment

Ok so ive found it after about 25 pages with links to other pages. i connect the yellow wire from my wideband to the Brown wire on my EGR.

Thanks for the help, hopefully my histogram problems are behind me till i try to do something else that is.

Comment

Originally posted by 01PewterDropTop View Post
                        does your ac still work? with the WB hooked to it?
                        Na, I pulled all of the AC components out of the engine bay. You only really need the wideband hooked up to the EGR or AC when you're doing a scan so, if you still have an EGR system I'd probably recommend hooking into the AC for scans. You are aware that you can't keep the EGR connected and just splice into those lines right?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

ok so if you I cut the wire off the egr and attach my WB to it will my car still pass emissions?

Comment

No, it'll start throwing a code. But you could tune that out with hptuners.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

thaaaat figures... if i tune the code out can i pass emissions?
                              Last edited by 01PewterDropTop; 05-08-2012, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X