runs like balls at cold start with new injectors - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

runs like balls at cold start with new injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: runs like balls at cold start with new injectors

Delphi / Lucas
    42 lb / hr. '009' Disc Injectors
    Part Number Delphi 01D030B (Lucas old 5208009, Lucas New 621031)
    Static Flow Rate: 42.29 lb/hr @ 43.5PSI (300kPa) or 320gm/min
    Dynamic Flow Rate: 9.96 gm/pulse - 2.5ms pulse width and 10ms repetition rate
    Coil Resistance: 15.9 Ohms / High Impedance / High-Z (No ECM driver modifications required)
    Additional Information:
    Top feed disc injectors use a small disc with six holes around its circumference. The disc rests on a short chimney that surrounds a metering hole. As the disc is raised off the chimney by magnetic force, fuel flows through the holes in the disc, over the walls of the chimney, and out the metering hole to form a full, finely atomized cone.

pretty sure this is what you have

Comment

dammit im ready for my car to be tuned

Comment

Do you have a fuel pressure gauge? What other fuel system mods have been done? Did you say you could get it to go lean? That would pretty much rule out a leaking injector.
        <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

my fuel pressure gauge was broken just the other day unfortunately but i had checked the pressure after i replaced the pump. yeah it definitely goes lean and can get dialed in ok.

Comment

well i think i "raped" my IFR scale. what i did to get a my cold start dialed in... is adjust the ifr table until it my afr was close to the commanded afr at cold start. its way off from the xcel file... but what do u do.

Comment

Fml. Don't think that worked. Maybe it did, he'll I don't know ready to give up on this ****

Comment

The IFR table is suppose to be set and never touched again. Try setting them all to the same number, whichever get's your cold start running good, and leave them there then retune the maf.

Thanks for that injector info btw. I couldn't find any info on them a long time ago so I gave up since the car was running good anyways.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

I think.... 65lbs/hr is where my car run the most correct on cold start... i'm really getting fed up with this ****. spending way to much time and getting close to no results

Comment

Don't get frustrated, remember people do this professionally. You're not gonna be a pro your first week tuning. Btw, I checked out my AFR's during a cold start and they're really rich. Down to 10.5 then a slow climb. You can definitely smell it too.

If I get a chance to, I'll take a look at my tune compared to yours later tonight when I get home. The problem I always had during tuning was running too rich, I'd be coming to a stop and the car would just flat out die unless I double footed it to keep the rpms up.

Anyways, try to get an idle scan if you can keep it running and a current copy of the tune. Mayyybe I'll give you my phone number if all else fails.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

thats the problem i was having also.. but only in open loop... the computer commands around 10.5 at cold start and thats about where my wideband shows it is.. but it runs suupper rough. i'm taking a little break from it today. cuz i've got a halloween party to get ready for... but ill try a few things... preciate the help.

Comment

Oh btw, when I did my install I removed the MAF screen and forgot to put it back in, it ran really rough even after adjusting my injector table. I put it back in and it ran much better with no change to the tune.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

thats not the issue at hand but i can say that i tried adjusting stuff initially without an air filter and it would stumble and die. i guess the air was to turbulent... was pretty surprised to see that was the problem.

Comment

i made the tune my *****........ it took tiny tuner tho.... man hptuner needs to get their **** together cuz without extra tables those ford 42lb injectors are impossible to tune i added minimum pulse width and voltage offset and put the injectors 42 across the board.... i had the ifr scaled correctly but it ran lean and died. still needs work but i'm feeling way better about things

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X