Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HPT and idle spark timing

Got me Tiny Tuner.

Now...how does one get a calibration in a .bin file?

Comment

post on clubgp saying you need a .BIN file of your current tune...someone will step up that has DHP, send them you hp tuner tune, and they will convert it for you...or I can send you a stock file or my .bin and you can change your stuff in tiny tuner then save it to hp tuners.

Sounds like alot of work eh?...but like I said we gotta do what we gotta do...only issue Ive been having is trying to figure out transferring my vin over onto tiny tuner, the guy that changed my file to a bin somehow didnt copy my vin, so hp tuners is telling me my OS/VIN isnt matching...and Im computer illeterate so Im trying to work out these bugs...everyone else thats used it seems to be fine though...just an FYI

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Old HPTuners versions can also save in .bin
        Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
        Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

Originally posted by zlexiss View Post
          Happen to know how far back in versions one must go to get that feature?

Comment

ya Id also like to know...or of some program that can convert files to BIN? would make life soooo much easier.

Comment

I know my old disc for the serial cable version has it. Not any of the USB ones though.
              Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
              Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

Originally posted by zlexiss View Post
                Originally posted by Hib Halverson View Post
                Happen to know how far back in versions one must go to get that feature?
                Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                ya Id also like to know...or of some program that can convert files to BIN? would make life soooo much easier.
                You would need version 1.x for that. DHP supposedly still use .bin format. There are stock 3800 bin files scattered around on 3800pro , Monodax forum, etc. Or you can request someone to convert your hpt tune on either forum.
                '99 Camaro
                '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
                '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

can we download and use DHP software for free? ( I mean obviously not write any tunes) just have use of the program? probably not eh?

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                    can we download and use DHP software for free? ( I mean obviously not write any tunes) just have use of the program? probably not eh?
                    Pretty sure you have to buy it. But I don't think you'll need it once you've gotten a few different bin files to work off of; one stock and other modded.
                    '99 Camaro
                    '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
                    '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Originally posted by pace2006 View Post
                      Pretty sure you have to buy it. But I don't think you'll need it once you've gotten a few different bin files to work off of; one stock and other modded.
                      its not that, its just easier for me to make changes on hpt, and then if I need to make another mod in tiny tuner, I can just convert that file instantly and open it in Tiny tuner.

See tiny tuner has the tables backwards (actually theyre setup normal, exactly like the v8 tables are, our v6 tables on hpt are actually normal) but Im used to reading our tables and I get confused easily lol. Plus I think with TT I'll have to input info one cell at a time, rather than copy and paste like hpt.

Comment

ok, Im going crazy here now. Ive tripple checked all my tables, and although I cant get tiny tuner to work properly yet, Ive even looked into the timing tables they give us and I cant think of anything that will fix this.

My timing table is all over the map, non of it is what I am commanding in either high or low tables...all other spark tables I can see (the big 3, ETC, IAT, and base) are all zero'd out

for my WOT I am commanding 25* as my lowest in the low octane, but in reality Im seeing 24*, then when I step up to commanding 25* at 6000rpm I'm seeing 26* timing....so half my table is commanding under what I want, and half my table numbers are commanding more than what I want??

can someone give me a hand?

Comment

Well...ya know I think I'm just going to leave my "idle spark work-around" in my latest tune.

I know about Tiny Tuner and that if I can get a .bin file I can, write my cal into it, change all the idle spark tables, then bring it all into HPT, but that's freakin' lot of work and, at this point, I'm lazy.

My problems at idle....poor idle stability and doggy throttle response...were solved by simply adding 6-8° to the base spark tables in the cells where the engine idles. Man what a difference that made--especially throttle response.
                          Last edited by Hib Halverson; 07-20-2011, 11:09 PM. Reason: added content

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X