Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 36lbs maxed??

Originally posted by Watazz View Post
    wow $35 an injector? thats cheaper than zzp these fit the 95-97 rails right. And as for the pump its just a 255 for an LT1 correct?
    LT1 and V6 cars have the same pump set up. (At least the 3800 in my 97 is identical to an LT1 car)

It's a plug and play 255 with instructions and the hotwire. If you don't upgrade the pump wring it won't give you full voltage which means the pump isn't really working to it's potential!

The injectors are more $$ if you want them flow matched, but at this power level I don't think it's really required. If you were going to anything larger I would definitely say match them.

Comment

what should the fuel pressure be with this 255 because mine idles at 50 then increases to 60 then decreases to 50 again right before shifting. Should it be bleeding off toward high RPM?

Comment

No your pressure should be solid, as boost increases so should fuel pressure.

Comment

what should the fuel pressure be with this 255 because mine idles at 50 then increases to 60 then decreases to 50 again right before shifting. Should it be bleeding off toward high RPM?
          If its right before shifting it will go down since your clutch is pressed in and your gas pedal is let up, as long aas your PSI is up when your gas pedal is at WOT you should be fine.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
            If its right before shifting it will go down since your clutch is pressed in and your gas pedal is let up, as long aas your PSI is up when your gas pedal is at WOT you should be fine.
            True! I was thinking the car was Auto.

Comment

Yeah , I remember the PD with the M5 because I never had the PD with my A4.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by Meemperor View Post
                True! I was thinking the car was Auto.
                The car is auto haha

Comment

Then you need a bigger pump.

Comment

yea i figured im going to go with this one, http://treperformance.com/i-63603-po...1985-1998.html it comes with a one year warranty. Supports 500hp on boosted apps. Figure il just hose clamp the thing to the arm and bypass the bucket.

Comment

what is yalls psi durring WOT with the 255?

Comment

yea i figured im going to go with this one, http://treperformance.com/i-63603-po...1985-1998.html it comes with a one year warranty. Supports 500hp on boosted apps. Figure il just hose clamp the thing to the arm and bypass the bucket.
                        Thats what I did use clamps to ditch the bucket, male sure the hose clamp for the fuel line is tight though, or it will fall off over a bump or 2.

Comment

Beware, that is a Chinese Walbro knock off. To retain stock functionality you should really go with the Racetronix unit that is a genuine Walbro.

If you use that also make sure that rubber hose is R9 or better and not R7 or less because they are upping ethanol content in gasoline and the R7 swells eventually even in pure gas because it's not meant to be submerged. Also you will have to splice into the factory wiring which is not ideal.

AND make sure you get a hotwire, because you won't get full voltage to the pump through factory wiring!

Do it right the first time and just get the Racetronix set up, it's worth the extra money.

Comment

actually i am probably going to get the one from GVP.

Comment

it will be a job for when it gets a little warmer though

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X