Airbag light on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Airbag light on

Look at section 12-8 in the Haynes manual. it discusses changing out the turn signal switch, but it also shows the airbag "coil" which I'm thinking is the clock spring.
    2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Ok sweet. Thanks!
      -Jarred '70 Pontiac LeMans | '89 Firebird Formula 350

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
        Just cover up the SES light and be done.LOL I'm thinking of going with a Grant or Spearco steering wheel and taking out the air bags of mine, my whitegauge overlay covers up alot of the airbag code, plus it a non emission code so it can be on when you go through emissions and still pass, here in AZ anyways.

I know you can not get a Grant. I've checked - when I replace my dash with the black upgrade I am removing the airbags.

As of now:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/LAC-91301
        Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
          I know you can not get a Grant. I've checked - when I replace my dash with the black upgrade I am removing the airbags.

As of now:

Looks good, theres a Spearco I like , let me see if I can find the link.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post

As of now:

Who told you that you can't get a Grant? I've seen more than a few Grant's in F-bodies.
            <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

^- my 89 has one. But i'm not sure about 4th gens.

Comment

Originally posted by Bird_Of_Prey View Post
                Who told you that you can't get a Grant? I've seen more than a few Grant's in F-bodies.
                Grant - they don't make adapters for airbags.

Raven

Comment

I don't plan on having air bags. Just the steering wheel and adapter.
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I don't plan on having air bags. Just the steering wheel and adapter.

Same here.

Talked to Grant, as I could not find an adapter to install their wheels on a 93+ F-body. Since we have airbags, they don't make an adapter to replace the airbag wheel with a Grant non-airbag wheel. Woman said company policy.

Lecarra does make an adapter for us.

Raven

Comment

^- Isnt that a crock a ****. lol Lecaraa it is.

Comment

I just ordered a Sparco black steering wheel and adapter hub.
                        Last edited by ssms5411; 09-24-2010, 07:53 AM.

Comment

I just ordered a Spearco black steering wheel and adapter hub.
                          So which one?

Raven

Comment

The one from FTPP on the bottom, figured it would look good , maybe add some chrome lettering later on in the center.

Comment

Originally posted by Red&Black_Attack View Post

I think mine got messed up after my new motor was put in. Lights been on since and my steering wheel buttons havnt worked since either.

Bummer man. I had the airbag light issue as well, except when I did my engine swap the light went off :banana:

Comment

Heres some pics of the Sparco steering wheel I got today, didn't get the hub adapter yet. I love the leather on this steering wheel , the grip has to be 1" thick around or more, its bigger than the stock one for sure. I have big hands so it works out great. Also its about 1-1 1/2"s shorter in diameter than stock which is good for more leg room.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by ssms5411; 09-24-2010, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X