Airbag light on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airbag light on

When I purchased my car, the light was already on. The previous owner informed that I needed the sensor which I believe is under the seat?? Can someone point me in the right direction as to where I can buy the sensor and how to replace it?

Thanks.

Re: Airbag light on

what year is your car?

i would get the code scanned before replacing any sensors.

the sensor in my car is under the center console, and it comes out with 4 bolts (i believe) and a wire connector

Comment

im having the same issue if anyone can direct us.

mine is an 02

Comment

IIRC, you need either the Airbag SRS Module replaced or the clock spring behind the steering wheel is broken. Module will need to be replaced if the car has previously been in an accident that resulted in blown airbags. Clock spring can go bad or be broken if the steering wheel has been turned with the steering rack removed.
        '99 Camaro
        '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
        '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Just cover up the SES light and be done.LOL I'm thinking of going with a Grant or Spearco steering wheel and taking out the air bags of mine, my whitegauge overlay covers up alot of the airbag code, plus it a non emission code so it can be on when you go through emissions and still pass, here in AZ anyways.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

My airbag light had been on for quite awhile...Then I looked at the fuses and found out that the airbag fuse was missing. I popped a new fuse in and the light was gone.

Comment

The car is a 2001 and yes it was in an accident. It has a rebuilt title. It sounds like this could be a very expensive fix if I wanted too.

Comment

Maybe you can get a module from the junkyard from a car that is just worn out, not wrecked.
                2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Yeah, that could work but I wouldn't even know where to look to find that or even how to install it. Does anyone know where to download a factory service manual?

Comment

Originally posted by pintobean11 View Post
                    Yeah, that could work but I wouldn't even know where to look to find that or even how to install it. Does anyone know where to download a factory service manual?
                    Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
                    what year is your car?

i would get the code scanned before replacing any sensors.

the sensor in my car is under the center console, and it comes out with 4 bolts (i believe) and a wire connector
                    Did you miss this part? Airbags only matter if you have a vagina.
                    <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Bird_Of_Prey View Post
                      Did you miss this part? Airbags only matter if you have a vagina.
                      LOL.

Can autozone scan for that or is that a dealer type scan?

Comment

Dealer only, or someone with access to a Tech 2 scanner or the equivilent Snap On tool.
                        <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

How do you replace the clock spring?

I think mine got messed up after my new motor was put in. Lights been on since and my steering wheel buttons havnt worked since either.
                          -Jarred '70 Pontiac LeMans | '89 Firebird Formula 350

Comment

Originally posted by Red&Black_Attack View Post
                            How do you replace the clock spring?

I think mine got messed up after my new motor was put in. Lights been on since and my steering wheel buttons havnt worked since either.
                            Have you checked fuses and wiring first? A clock spring wouldn't usually be broken by an engine swap.

Comment

The steering rack was disconnected and I'm sure the wheel had been turned w/out it being hooked up. Like pace was saying, I think mine got messed up that way.

I've checked fuses and things like that.

Originally posted by pace2006 View Post
                              Clock spring can go bad or be broken if the steering wheel has been turned with the steering rack removed.
                              -Jarred '70 Pontiac LeMans | '89 Firebird Formula 350

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X