Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP Tuners for Dummies

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
    you should always add some with the adder tables...factory tune is very rich for a stock car...but I guess tuning is like a preference...you tune to what you feel gives you the most power...

btw, I think I may of discovered a few more things for SD tuning...I just need to confirm it, and I'll rifle you off a PM...
    Fill me in on that too.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Ok I didn't really want to start a new thread so I can delete my post if you want but I got HPT Monday and I swapped in 3.42's and changed the gear thing on the editor and flashed my pcm but the speedo and shift points are still incorrect. And now my BRAKE and ABS INOP lights are on. Any ideas?

Comment

I think you didn't put the right #'s in.LOL What size tires are you running or diameter?
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

235/55/16 So they're 26.2" in diameter and I put in 3.42 gears so 26.2/3.42=7.66 which is what I put in the box. That's correct right?

Comment

7.66 is correct make sure auto scale is yes and fwd is no and you hit commit so the the new box says 7.66. If all that is done then I have no idea unless there were other adjustments made.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Ok well maybe the gears aren't 3.42's. I was messing around with it today and put in 3.73 and I took my GPS and both speeds were close (like a 1mph difference) and I got up to around 50mph. So I'm guessing that's what they are. However, now when I start it up and go over 5mph it says LOW TRAC and then if I keep going the ABS turns off and I get two DTC's. This has very little to do with HPT so I probably shouldn't be posting on this thread...sorry Mike...
              Last edited by bigairboarder44; 06-17-2010, 02:10 PM.

Comment

i have really good exp. with hp tuners so if you have any questions ill be more than happy to let you know...and for wot for N/A you want to shoot for 13.5 afr.. for boosted shoot for 12.5

Comment

For WOT N/A I would shoot for 13 and for cammed 12.5 and FI 11.5 to be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                    For WOT N/A I would shoot for 13 and for cammed 12.5 and FI 11.5 to be safe.
                    agreed. maybe a little extra on the very top end. for cooling sake

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                      Hello everyone!
                      by Andy H
                      Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                      3 weeks ago
                    • 3.4 slow to go
                      hey there strangers!
                      by 3.4 slow to go
                      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X