nitrous surging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nitrous surging

i sprayed my car today for the first time in about a year. i have a zex dry kit with a 100 shot. when it started spraying the first run it fell on its face at 3000 rpms (when it kicks in) and then surged in and out untill i let off. the second time it did ok but still surged the whole time. Any body had this problem? It is a full bottle with NO heater btw.

Re: nitrous surging

what psi were you spraying?

Spark plugs being used?

any fuel upgrades?

Did you try a 50 or 75 shot first?
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life View Post
      what psi were you spraying?

Spark plugs being used?

any fuel upgrades?

Did you try a 50 or 75 shot first?
      PSI- what ever a full ambient air temp bottle psi is.
      Tr6 plugs
      ls1 28# injectors, stock pump though, i have an msd inline i bought from someone brand new for $20 i need to put in
      the last time i sprayed it i ran a 75 shot and it ran like a beast.

Comment

is the car tuned for the injectors? Get that fuel pump in there so you are not running out of fuel.
        get a bottle heater on it and get your psi higher, you need the psi up to run consistently.

Is the bottle full or almost gone?

Comment

yes the car is tuned for the injectors. I was thinking low psi or fuel pump not keeping up. The bottle was full at the time.

Comment

You're asking for trouble if you arent using a bottle heater and spraying without knowing your bottle pressure...
            sigpic
            1997 Camaro RS A4
            2006 Chevy Colorado
            2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

/\ deff agree.

how much nitrous did it use?
              WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by Shodown View Post
                You're asking for trouble if you arent using a bottle heater and spraying without knowing your bottle pressure...
                could you please explain why this is

Comment

everything about nitrous is about the bottles pressure. if you spraying and you don't know the pressure that is just stupid. say you have your bottle heater on. ok you have one with a built in thermo.....who's to say that the thermostat is working at that present time. you could have had your heater on for 10 min and taken you pressure up to 1300psi. in which case might as well just give me your wallet. you alway need to know your psi to know if things are working right. what if your bottle isn't open and you hit wot...you just dumped fuel with no nitrous into your system etc....so many things can go wrong. spend 50 bucks and get the gauge that just mounts onto the bottle.
                  WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

You guys are missing the part where he said it's a dry kit. Bottle pressure is still important, but it's not as big of a factor for a dry kit since the fuel is added via the MAF reading. If the pressure is low, the shot will be lower and the MAF will call for less fuel than a normal shot. If it ran good on the 75 shot, but not on the 100 shot, I'd say your injectors need to be upgraded. I'm running lS1 injectors too; on our fuel pressure they're really about 25.5-26. My car's mods should be about the same as a 75 shot; my injector duty cycle is 87%. That 100 shot put it over the top and the injectors can't handle it. Looks like it's time for some GTP 36#ers :)
                    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Originally posted by RadRacer View Post
                      You guys are missing the part where he said it's a dry kit.
                      I knew full well that he is running a dry kit, but my statement still stands.
                      sigpic
                      1997 Camaro RS A4
                      2006 Chevy Colorado
                      2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

Originally posted by Shodown View Post
                        I knew full well that he is running a dry kit, but my statement still stands.
                        but still no explanation. from what i understood, low bottle pressure with a dry dry kit just meant the hit wouldn't be as hard. What did i risk by running low psi?

Comment

Originally posted by screamin 99 View Post
                          but still no explanation. from what i understood, low bottle pressure with a dry dry kit just meant the hit wouldn't be as hard.
                          Exactly. To be consistent, you will need a bottle heater, but if you don't mind the fact that you'll be spraying less each time, then go for it. Since the fuel is added via the MAF, you don't have to worry about running rich because of low pressure. With a wet kit, you spray both fuel and nitrous, so if your nitrous pressure drops, the fuel pressure will stay the same and you'll run rich. I'd go for a bigger set of injectors like I said before. Only thing that makes sense right now to me.
                          ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                          A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

do you have hptuners to monitor what is happening at this point? We are just taking stabs in the dark if we don't know what the pcm is seeing.

Comment

no hp tuners. pcmforless tune. It is supposed to be tuned for nitrous so i am hoping they pulled some timing but that didnt seem to be the issue. I do have access to a scanner that i can check injector duty cycle. i am going to the track tonight for test and tune and im starting with a 75 shot to see how she does. i really think the problem was terribly low bottle pressure. The bottle was full but it was 67 degrees out that day according to nitroussupply.com that would be just shy of 760 psi.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X