Timing VS Octane with Nitrous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing VS Octane with Nitrous

So I was just curious if instead of adjusting the timing for say a 100 shot by 4 degrees, if you could just go with higher octane maybe 93 or even race gas like 110 octane instead of adjusting the timing. The reason I ask is that isn't the purpose of adjusting the timing to eliminate knock retard, and doesn't increasing the octane do the same thing? Furthermore, the main reason I want to know is that a programmer is like $500 just to adjust timing. Not to say that a programmer is not worth it.

Thanks for any input, Bob

Re: Timing VS Octane with Nitrous

if you are running nitrous you need premium gas anyways. Also a car might not need timing adjusted for the nitrous, each car reacts different. Some cars on a stock tune can run a 100 shot all day long. Others will see some KR and need some timing retarded.

If you are going big on nitrous, don't try and do shortcuts. Do it right or pay the price and give nitrous a bad rap even more. Nitrous is safe to use, if used properly and set up properly
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Re: Timing VS Octane with Nitrous

HP tuners man. You're going to want to know if you're getting knock anyways right?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X