Nitrous mistake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nitrous mistake?

I was trying to finish up most of the Wet Nitrous install today. And I could not remember if the nozzle had to go before or after the MAF, so I installed it on the rubber boot that connects the air box to the throttle body, the actual nozzle tip is right in front of the metal mesh screen that is at the opening of the throttle body. Did I make a mistake in doing this?

By the way mine is a 2001 Camaro. Also if anyone has a 4th gen with pics of the nozzle placement it would be great, I already looked at the stickies.

Re: Nitrous mistake?

Place it AFTER the Mass Air Flow Sesor (MAF). You put it in front...not the ideal placement. If you look at the pic in the stickies it shows EXACTLY where to put it. Note the location of the MAF and put it AFTER it.
    sigpic
    1997 Camaro RS A4
    2006 Chevy Colorado
    2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

I drill&tap a hole in the under side of my T/B just behind the MAF.

sorry no pic's

P/S if its in the rubber part i would think it would blow out when you spray since nitrous pressure is around 800 -1100 psi
      1999 Camaro V6 A4<br />Navy Blue metallic<br />Intake+Exhaust+4.10+?=?

Comment

they are right, with a wet kit you place it behind the maf. the reasoning behind this is that you do not want to spray raw fuel through the MAF, doing so will most likely shorten the life of your MAF.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X