93 nitrous?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 nitrous?

Is there such a thing as nitrous on a 93 3.4? if not why not?

I looked at the members list and no 93's with nitrous. I've also searched the web for it and every kit i find says 94-95 but no 93. Is it possible that there is a kit that would work just fine and if so what kit is it? before i start reading up on nitrous and ect. i'd like to know if it is compatible with my car. ahaha

thanx

Re: 93 nitrous?

yes there are kits. Here is a link for example:

http://www.gvperformance.com/store/i...d&productId=34

Nitrous is pretty universal when it comes to kits. Companies will list it under certain cars, but unless it has a throttle plate or spray bar or something like some ls1 kits have, the kits are going to be universal. They use a nitrous nozzle that you have to drill a spot for to install it.

But the kit I linked is a very common kit for starters for the 3.4 and 3.8 cars. It is a dry kit from NOS. But yea a 93 car can be put on nitrous no problem. ;)
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

hey thanks, i was reading up some of the stickies, theres some real good info. I would NOT want to install my own system even if i was to be convinced to do it. i think i'd rather pay x amount of money to have it done right. what are the things you NEED to have to spray? TR6 plugs gapped at .035 ...... high octane gasoline.....full intake and exhaust.... thats all i can think of is there anything else? do you NEED bigger injectors? I was just thinking of a 50 wet or 75 shot.

Comment

nope injectors not needed for 50-75 shot.

plugs, exhaust, gas, and intake are all good to have

Comment

thanx, i've been searching and have found some good info indeed, however i am a bit shady on a few subjects still.

1. I see some people use an activation switch that is under the gas peddle for WOT but would a window switch be the better choice? i'm guessing a window switch means you can only operate it within a certain point (after 3000 rpm?) how much is a window switch generally, are they universal or are they specific to kits?

2. any other tachs or meters i should buy? o2? air/fuel?

i see that kit comes with a blow off hose.... how could you possibly run it outside the car if you put the bottle say inbetween the back seats?

Comment

1. Are you an auto or manual? I would recommend a window switch if you are a manual, for autos you just use the WOT switch on the throttle cable on the tb. Those with it by the gas pedal are ones that are drive by wire, ie 99+ cars

2. gauges are good to have, fuel pressure, trans temps are always good.

3. blow off can be routed through the grommet under the back seats. I have mine running out the grommet under the passenger side rear seat with some hose.

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
              1. Are you an auto or manual? I would recommend a window switch if you are a manual, for autos you just use the WOT switch on the throttle cable on the tb. Those with it by the gas pedal are ones that are drive by wire, ie 99+ cars

2. gauges are good to have, fuel pressure, trans temps are always good.

3. blow off can be routed through the grommet under the back seats. I have mine running out the grommet under the passenger side rear seat with some hose.
              i'm an auto. Does that kit you showed me come with the WOT switch?

some more serious questions...

If i was running only a 50 shot, could i get away with not having an lsd?

Also, I am reading that advance timing is bad for nitrous.... does this mean my JET CHIP and SLP AIT sensor should be taken off, or are they insignificant enough not to worry about it?

Comment

1. Yes that kit will come with the WOT switch

2. You will be fine without LSD, but LSD will help ya in the traction department. :)

3. Jet chip and IAT sensor would have to go. They would not be good to have for a nitroused car. Some people can get away with advancing the timing but they have their own ways of monitoring KR to make sure they are not running too much timing. On a 3.4 that is harder to do as tuning programs are not out there for them.

Comment

hahah thats ok, that jet chip is a piece of shat anyhow... now i have a reason not to use it =)

well i've run out of questions! it seems straight forward enough from here.... buy the kit, get new plugs, have someone prof. install it, and then go.

btw, my car should be strong enough for n2o even for a 93. it's only got 92 thousand miles on it and has been well maintained and runs excellent. the only thing i would think about replacing is the fuel pump, just because i'd rather replace it before it goes on me. the car is just about full bolt ons so this seems to be the next step since even tiagos charger kit will cost 3000 plus. thanks for the help, i may have more questions as i search more.

Comment

not a problem. do some searching in the nitrous section and such and you will find all kinds of threads on different things.

But yea the NOS kit I linked is a great starter kit and really easy to install, I installed one on my buddies car awhile back. Otherwise a shop usually charges around $300 for nitrous installs I believe.

Comment

hahah Questions already.....

i was lookin into getting the B&M shift improver module, the one that increases tranny fluid pressure for firmer shifts, in a search one of the mods said this would not work well with n2o, but you can turn it "on" and "off" with the switch so i don't see the problem, is there one?

also, what size jets come with the kit you showed me? 50 right? or do you have to buy them seperate?

Comment

how can you tune a obd 1 if it doesn't run right
                        ?
                        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by kristen
                          how can you tune a obd 1 if it doesn't run right
                          ?

what are u talkin bout??

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident
                            hahah Questions already.....

i was lookin into getting the B&M shift improver module, the one that increases tranny fluid pressure for firmer shifts, in a search one of the mods said this would not work well with n2o, but you can turn it "on" and "off" with the switch so i don't see the problem, is there one?

also, what size jets come with the kit you showed me? 50 right? or do you have to buy them seperate?
                            yes it will come with jets for a 50 shot. I would recommend starting on a 50 and making sure everything is running good before buying the 75 shot jet. Jets are like 5-8 bucks.

As for the B&M shift improver module I don't see why that would make a difference with nitrous. That would be controlling your trans and not timing or anything so it should not matter if you are NA or on the bottle

Comment

i can't imagine the jets are very difficult to swap out....

i think i'm really gonna do this kit, i just need to save up the $ now, but its winter now so money comes easier than in the summer. I'll look to have it purchased and installed by spring time. Now all i need to learn is how to physically use nitrous properly but thats something i'll worry about later on.... then again i could always rent "fast and the furious" hmmm....... =)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X