window switch on a 3.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• window switch on a 3.4

ok guys ive allready sprayed my car and now i want to install a window switch everything is done except now i need to know where to tap into to get a rpm signal....i read alot of guys tap into the cam senor and use the brown/white wire....only thing is my cam sensor has a red, green, and black wire....so any idea what to do? 3.4 camaro m5

mine looks like this
    http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductD...pe=985&PTSet=A

Re: window switch on a 3.4

If you don't have a haynes manual with the wiring diagram, I would just hook up your power for the window switch and ground. Then try the tapping in to the geen to see if you get a reading on the window switch. If not then try the red and so on until you get a reading on your window switch. It should show your idle once you find the right wire. Would be better if you had a diagram of the wiring, do you have a haynes manual? If not then I would pick one up to see. I'll check mmine to see if it has yours in it.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I looked in the haynes manual and it showed a brown and white, It didn't have just red, green and black. Is that a stock connector or a aftermarket?
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I believe it is a stock cam sensor....yeah i heard to use the brown white wire i will double check and yes i have a manual both haynes and the dealer book (3 inch thick) ....but the web address in my first post is exactly how it looks.....i guess i will try my shift light that i also bought and just tap into one wire at a time....the shift light should work just like the msd box.....thanks for your help.

Comment

I had the same problem with minem my wires were so old I couldn't make out the colors anymore. It took me 2 times to find it though, at least I didn't have to go through all 3 wires.lol. Good luck

Comment

I believe I can help you boys on this one. If you use Turbo's megasquirt install page
            http://home.att.net/~basic-4/MS2GMDI...MSII_Guide.htm

Now:

1.scroll down until you see 6 CYL DISModule diagram. Just under it where it says wiring, look at the second bullet down, it starts with "Connect pin #24"

it tells you that the tach reference signal is a light blue with black stripe wire. It is pin e on the 6 positon connector on the ICM, C2 on the diagram. Obviously splice this and not cut because your stock ecm will need the tach ref signal.

Clean your wires with a rag and windex if they are hard to see the color. Good luck.

Comment

The problem I had taking it off the pcm wire was it pulls to much power from it and shuts the car off. But I tried running a shift light and the MSD from it, so maybe that caused my problem. I know I could run the shift light off of the pcm wire with no problems. Never tried the MSD, but I think it would take more power than the shift light and cut the car off.

Comment

Ok well ill give it another try with the window switch since now I had to send back my shift light to summit for a new one... But I think I read someone tryed this and there tach would go dead...but ill see what happens

Comment

If you take the signal off the cam sensor wire, you wil have no problems.

Comment

well been very busy ...finally got some time today and ur right ssms5411...i took a signal from the icm and my car would shut right off...good news is that i have my shift light working....i tried my cam sensor and all three wires....i know everone says only two but i have three...and neither work...i probably got a bad tap so i will try again tomorrow...im pretty fustrated right now and i have to go to work in about 2 hours.

Comment

ok tried to do it again before i leave....and finally got a good signal from the cam...it was one of the orange wires beside the brown/white wire...i have three wires unlike some who only have two...anyway i now it is good cus i hooked up my shift light and worked...yet my nitrous still does not....im not getting ground from the msd box(this i am positive) i think the msd box doesnt work...i double checked the tack signal , ground, 12volt switch connections all good...my msd box(3400on5100off) still wont give out ground....i cut the red loop wire only like said in the instructions...im going to try to have all loops hooked up for a v8 then 4 banger...if still nothing then i guess the msd box is no good.

Comment

You'll know when the MSD box is working if it is the digital one. When you start it up it will show your idle speed on the display.

Comment

No its the old type that uses modules still waiting on the dynotune digital switch that I bought

Comment

haaaaaa....man im fustrated...:mad: ....recieved the dynotune wot switch...and still cant get it to work...however im pretty sure its because im not programming it right....anybody have expierence with dynotune i am trying to install a DynoTune Two Stage RPM Window Switch / TPS ...anybody know exactly where to put the tach set up at....ex 000,001,003...and i know everything else is fine because if i ground the wire going to the relay(like if it would be coming from the window switch) the nitrous will spray...so for sure the problem is im not connecting the window switch right...well here is the message i sent dynotune for help maybe someone can help me

i am trying to install a DynoTune Two Stage RPM Window Switch / TPS on my 1995 3.4(6cyl) camaro 5 speed...i allready have the nitrous working and spraying....yet i can not seem to get this right....since my car only has 3 coils... i put the tach set up at 001...is that correct....im not connecting the blue wire or orange(only have one stage)...so i put TPAS mode on 003...gear lock out both at 000...since i have my wot switch connected to my relay...i only want the dyno switch to give me ground through the yellow wire when ever i am in the selected rpm band by using a rpm signal(tapped into the cam sensor)...can you help me to figure out what is wrong.

here are the instructions... http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...W%20SWITCH.pdf

Comment

Yeees.....finally got it working....there was two things wrong....one I had it tapped to the cam sensor....well it wasn't reading it I had to use the signal from the icm...and no worrys it won't shut the car off like the msd box ....second when ur in pro mode in step 1....u have to put it at 006....005 seems to work to but im going to stick with 006....ill post back what I think about dynotune 2 stage switch

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X