Dual bottle heaters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual bottle heaters

Anyone running dual bottle heaters to get your PSI up on your nitrous bottles. I'm thinking of putting another bottle heater on mine to get my PSI up.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Re: Dual bottle heaters

I will be running dual bottles with each having their own heater in the spring. But I only have one heater on my bottle currently. Heats up just fine as long as it is filled up, if it is running low on nitrous it takes a little bit to get pressure up

What heater are you running on yours? Pressure or temp controlled?
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

I'm running a NOS brand with no stat on it, also a blanket. It was mounted in the back seat area, but now it's in the spare tire area. I know it works but I just hate waiting for the temp. to go up.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

yea you could add another heater on it if you wanted, I see no reason why it would not work well.

Comment

Do you think I can run them off one switch, and wire both heaters off the existing wires going back, I think their 16 gauge wires? I don't want to start any fires from electrical failure.

Comment

I would use two relays with the setup and not just one. You can tap into the same hot wire and ground wires for the relays

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
              I would use two relays with the setup and not just one. You can tap into the same hot wire and ground wires for the relays
              This is what I would do if I were wiring two.

Or, you could sell your current NOS heater and buy a different brand. There are a few other brands out there that have an upgraded high output heater. I have one from Dynotune nitrous.
              2001 Black Z28 M6<br />Sprayed, slotted, geared and more~

Comment

are you just trying to get your psi higher? or heated faster?

i run my psi at 11
                WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

I'm pretty sure bottle pressure should be around 900-1000 lol and you most likely won't see any difference with 2

Comment

Originally posted by nightrider2
                    I'm pretty sure bottle pressure should be around 900-1000 lol and you most likely won't see any difference with 2
                    If one heater raises the pressure, I would think 2 would raise even more. I don't like spraying unless it is over at least 1000 psi.

Comment

i doesn't matter how many you have on there. the only thing that it will change is how fast it heats up. not to what point it heats up too. that all depends on the thermostat that you have on there. the ones that come with a bottle heater usually go to 8-9 psi. having 2 thermostat will not taking you up to 16 psi. you can not have a thermostat and watch the pressure yourself, but that is very dangerous.

you could get a fuel pressure safty switch. that is what i have, it lets me take my psi up to 1150.

that is just an add on to the bottle that works as the thermostat. so you would just get ride of the thermostat that is on the bottle heater.

what shot are you running. running high psi like some of us is very very risky. i don't tell anyone to run above 9psi.
                      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

I have no problem with the pressure going up, just takes awhile. So I'm thinking 2 will make it quicker. Summer time here in AZ, I don't have to use the warmer. It is always around 1100 psi, sometimes 1200 psi( which I purge it a little to get it back down). I like to keep at the same PSI, because that is what I tuned it for. Now it is a little cooler I start out at around 875 psi and try to get it up to 1000 psi. With the 36lb injectors in, I get away with running a .024 fuel jet with a .055 nitrous jet with 25 degrees of timing and zero KR. I hope to get to the dyno here shortly to run it with a .055 jet and .063 jet. I have to fix some exhaust leaks, EGR leak and power steering leak first.

Comment

i mean it would make it go warm up faster, but it's nothing something that i would do. just let it warm up on its own
                          WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

The brand I mentioned and a few others have automatic bottle heaters, which automatically cut off and turn on when pressure is +/- 50 psi. The paramaters are also adjustable. For example, if your jetting requires 1050psi, the heater will automatically turn on when the pressure drops below 1000, and automatically shut off if the psi reaches 1100.

You should try to stick with the correct pressure for the jetting you chose, most are between 950-1050psi for the popular kits. You don't want to heat the bottle up more than you should or you'll lean out your engine on a wet shot.
                            2001 Black Z28 M6<br />Sprayed, slotted, geared and more~

Comment

I used to run dual bottle warmers.... but I had dual bottles.....

Don't run 2 warmers on one bottle.
                              Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                              nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                              2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                              2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X