Anyone ran propane/spray combo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ran propane/spray combo?

I am thinking about it... Anyone have any experience with it?
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Re: Anyone ran propane/spray combo?

only seen it on diesel trucks, not cars.

what is wrong with normal nitrous?
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
      only seen it on diesel trucks, not cars.

what is wrong with normal nitrous?
      Nothing, it is like running a wet kit, but you use propane to enrich the mixture instead of running gasoline through the intake.

It is nice when you don't want to hack into your stock fuel system and still want a 150-200HP shot.
      A dry kit would only get you so far...

EDIT - this could be a solution to those that keep having backfires???
      Last edited by AZ3.8Camaro; 08-31-2007, 06:17 PM.
      1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

ive never heard of that before.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
        Or this

Comment

you can run big dry shots, and you can run even bigger dry by breaking it up into 2 stages. I know of one guy in particular that has ran 200+ shot dry on his 3.8 fbody. Just set it up into two stages.

propane isn't your answer for bigger shot. Also people have backfires because of the way things are installed and such. Nozzle placement is huge factor in how dry and wet kits work.

For my car I run a dry kit for stage one and my second stage is wet. Best of both worlds. :)

Comment

you can run big dry shots, and you can run even bigger dry by breaking it up into 2 stages. I know of one guy in particular that has ran 200+ shot dry on his 3.8 fbody. Just set it up into two stages.

propane isn't your answer for bigger shot. Also people have backfires because of the way things are installed and such. Nozzle placement is huge factor in how dry and wet kits work.

For my car I run a dry kit for stage one and my second stage is wet. Best of both worlds. :)
            Running a 200 shot dry on a stock fuel system is a terrible idea, I ran 100 on the v6 and needed a fuel pump shortly therafter.
            The two stage wet and dry is ok, but I don't want to hack up my fuel system.
            Wet kits usually lead to backfires eventually, even with proper nozzle placement. Using it as a second stage is a good idea, that should eliminate it, but still don't want to hack the fuel system.
            Last edited by AZ3.8Camaro; 09-01-2007, 11:14 AM.
            1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Originally posted by AZ3.8Camaro
              Running a 200 shot dry on a stock fuel system is a terrible idea, I ran 100 on the v6 and needed a fuel pump shortly therafter.
              The two stage wet and dry is ok, but I don't want to hack up my fuel system.
              Wet kits usually lead to backfires eventually, even with proper nozzle placement. Using it as a second stage is a good idea, that should eliminate it, but still don't want to hack the fuel system.
              I never said running a 200 shot dry on a stock fuel system...I just said I know of a guy that has done over 200+ shot of dry

A fuel pump is not something that is hard to install at all. If you don't dare put a fuel pump in your car then you should not be installing mods. It will need to be done eventually as you mod or drive it.

As for injectors, you put 36# gtp injectors in it and you are good to go along with the fuel pump. 200 shot after injectors and pump is doable with the supporting engine to back it up.

So what are you talking about with hacking the fuel system anyways? I don't understand what you are scared to hack or whatever? For wet kits you don't hack the fuel system either, you just put a 90* fitting on the fuel rail test port and you have your fuel supply. Anything over 150 shot wet is going to run into puddling issues, yes. But with a dry first stage and like 100-125 second stage wet it would be fine.

Plus with a dry first and a wet second you will not need to upgrade injectors because you will not be maxing them out on the one dry shot.

Comment

I never said running a 200 shot dry on a stock fuel system...I just said I know of a guy that has done over 200+ shot of dry

A fuel pump is not something that is hard to install at all. If you don't dare put a fuel pump in your car then you should not be installing mods. It will need to be done eventually as you mod or drive it.

As for injectors, you put 36# gtp injectors in it and you are good to go along with the fuel pump. 200 shot after injectors and pump is doable with the supporting engine to back it up.

So what are you talking about with hacking the fuel system anyways? I don't understand what you are scared to hack or whatever? For wet kits you don't hack the fuel system either, you just put a 90* fitting on the fuel rail test port and you have your fuel supply. Anything over 150 shot wet is going to run into puddling issues, yes. But with a dry first stage and like 100-125 second stage wet it would be fine.

Plus with a dry first and a wet second you will not need to upgrade injectors because you will not be maxing them out on the one dry shot.
                It's not for the v6...
                I have already done the fuel pump, and damn every other modification you can do. I know my way around the v6 like nobodys business.

http://www.btrviper.com/nitrous.html
                It is a common thing, I was just curious if anyone on here had tried it.
                1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Originally posted by AZ3.8Camaro
                  It's not for the v6...
                  I have already done the fuel pump, and damn every other modification you can do. I know my way around the v6 like nobodys business.

http://www.btrviper.com/nitrous.html
                  It is a common thing, I was just curious if anyone on here had tried it.
                  well ya gotta specify that then :) This is a fbody v6 site. ;)

details my man

Comment

well ya gotta specify that then :) This is a fbody v6 site. ;)

details my man
                    I just asked if anyone used it, or has experience with it, not if I should use it on my fbody!
                    1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

az3.8 i pm'ed you. and i heard of other people actually running that combo on things other than diesel but i never knew the exact reasons.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X