toggle switch question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toggle switch question

I just bought some cool toggle switches for my purge kit but the problem is it only have 2 places for me to run the wires instead of three. There is usually a ground, acc, and then power but I only have 2 outlets how do I fix this

Re: toggle switch question

I dont really understand what your asking...

but I think you may have better luck in the Nitrous section :tup:
    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

whenever you wire up a toggle switch it usually have three outlets but the ones I bought only have 2. there is a outlet for the power ground and the acc there has to be a way

Comment

The switches with 3 contacts usually have an indicator light on the switch that tells you that power is being supplied to the accessory you have it hooked up to. Switches with only 2 contacts have no indicator light, thus they dont need a third contact for power.

All a 2 contact switch does is break the connection between the accessory and the ground (or power). Its basically like an electronic bridge; when the bridge is open (switch is ON), then the connection is made and the accessory will work. When the bridge is closed (switch is OFF), then the electrical connection is blocked and the accessory wont work.

2 contact switches can placed on a ground wire or the power wire. Its up to you. I usually hook them up to my grounds, cuz they are easier to access.

Question....... why are you using a toggle switch for your purge? Why not just use a simple pushbutton?
        sigpic
        1997 Camaro RS A4
        2006 Chevy Colorado
        2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

actually it is like a push button switch but you have to flip it up for it to activate. It dosen't go all the way up its like a light switch that you have at your house but when you flick it on it automatically goes off when you are not pushing up on it

Comment

ahhhhh, momentary toggle switch. If it's not lighted, there won't be a 3rd contact. That third one is to activate the light.
            ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
            A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X