Dyno results are in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyno results are in

Spent 7.5 hours tuning my car today. Most of it was getting the A/F mixture corrected while naturally aspirated. I was running 10.4:1!! :eek: I have no clue how it got that rich, but he leaned it back to a nice 12.9:1.

When we finally started in on nitrous runs it got ugly. First of all my window switch was messed up and not working properly so we disconnected that and just armed the nitrous toggle at WOT and above 3000 rpms instead. Problem was that everytime I hit the nitrous, the car stalled completely, it just f'ing quit!!

He just wanted to make sure nothing was clogged in the lines and that it was flowing properly so we pulled the fan nozzle from the intake and pointed it away from the car and hit it manually from under the hood and once again...the car imediately bogged and died. No nitrous sprayed into motor at all.

We tried one more time with the fan nozzle back in place into the intake and the same results happened. After that the SES light came on and P300 code came up...'Random Multiple Misfire'. We cleared it but it came back on my way to work, I cleared it again (I have an Auto X-Ray code reader) and it came back again on my way home, this tells me my plugs are fouled as he11. It was running way too rich again. The computer showed it was running over 100 psi of fuel pressure when under nitrous conditions (the machine doesnt read any higher).

He has tuned a TON of cars with nitrous and had a couple of his own cars with nitrous, but he had no idea what was going on.

Why is it running so dam rich? When the nitrous is hit and not spraying into the motor, why is it sill stalling the car?

The only thing I could think of was that my fuel pressure regulator is messed up. Other than that, I have no flipping clue.

Any thoughts?

BTW, I was running a 75 shot. Car's mods: CAI, headers, 3" cat, 3" exhaust, 160* thermo, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, 93 octane fuel, TR6 plugs
    Last edited by Shodown; 06-23-2006, 12:49 AM.
    sigpic
    1997 Camaro RS A4
    2006 Chevy Colorado
    2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Re: Dyno results are in

I dont think something is tuned correctly. Like I am new to tuning and readying more and more information about it and everything comes together..and if you dont touch the Power Enrich, and other great stuff then it will run differently....
    2002 Firbird, <br />STS GT35mm-61 Turbo, HP Tuners, 3.73,UMI LCAS,UMI Panbar<br />Nitto NT555R P245/50R16 96v, NGK spark plugs t55, transgo shift kit, Jet servo

Comment

We spent the first 5 hours tuning it to perfection naturally aspirtated. He even gave me another 12 rwhp too just from that. He played around with the timing too, but that didnt make a difference.

Here is the dyno sheet if your interested (N/A, no nitrous runs)

http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e4...noresults1.jpg
      sigpic
      1997 Camaro RS A4
      2006 Chevy Colorado

Comment

Something is definatley wrong with your car.
        You only put down 147hp with full intake and exhaust?
        With extensive tuning and those mods you should easily be in the mid 180's
        Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

Originally posted by FloydSummerOf68
          Something is definatley wrong with your car.
          You only put down 147hp with full intake and exhaust?
          With extensive tuning and those mods you should easily be in the mid 180's
          147 rwhp was the baseline run. I was running EXTREMELY rich and killing my power from too much fuel. I am at 158 rwhp with tuning which is still really $hitty. I am doing a compression test on Saturday. Thats all that could really be wrong cuz everything else checked out just fine by a mechanic and the tuner said everything looked/sounded great overall as well.
          sigpic
          1997 Camaro RS A4
          2006 Chevy Colorado

Comment

I had 166rwhp on my full bolt on car which I thought was pathetic. I made 230 with 75 shot of nitrous. Something isn't right with your car, and I feel my car has some more tuning to be done to it as well. I was shooting for like 175-185 when I went NA.
            http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

I was hoping for some where around 170-175.
              sigpic
              1997 Camaro RS A4
              2006 Chevy Colorado

Comment

Even N/A you are running pig rich????

If yes.... time to inspect stock FPR and also injectors.
                Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                  New Owner!
                  by LETZRIDE
                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                  5 days ago
                • ssms5411
                  Little work today
                  by ssms5411
                  Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                  3 weeks ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                  02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X