no2 for my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no2 for my car

is this the what my car needs and what kind of gains can I expect if I was to add a nos kit on my car and I know it depends on the shot but what I mean is the horsepower and kind of cars that are supposed to be fast that I will suprise when I spray like a stock z28 or one of them new v6 mustangs. Last what I would like to know will I need a new speedometer If I go with nos.
    eric head

why would u need a new speedo? We still have a limiter no matter how fast you get to it.

Unless you tune the car to have a limiter removed.
    2003 Chrome Silver Nissan 350z 6 Speed<br /><br />2001 Bright Rally Red Camaro 3800 M5-----SOLD but missed

Comment

im not much of a car person so this is all new to me but im trying to learn I justed noticed on my speedometer it shows like if you are going 20 how much horsepower you are giving out below so I figured all that would be off If I got a boost but I guess Im wrong.
      eric head

Comment

Ok number one...if your "not much of a car person" You need to seriously take a deep breath, look in the mirror, and kindly say goodbye to nos.

IF you dont do it right, do it properly, or have a remote understanding how such a system should work (its not just spray for instant gay) You should'nt be considering installing it.

At the very least you can damage numerous engine componants, and it is a huge fire hazard if like i said...its not working or installed properly.

The horsepower readout on the speedo...WTF?

I believe you could either be reading from the Tach or just reading the tiny blue numbers under the MPH hashes...in which case that is your speed in Kilometers per hour...not horsepower.

There is no horsepower rating given on the dash...thats why guys spends hundreds for dyno time.

That fact alone worries me about you installing nos.
        3.8L Dk Blue 1998 Camaro<br /><br />Soon to have 80\'s in the back

Comment

I wouldn't dream of installing nos with help or by myself I would blow myself up or mess my engine and I love my 98 camaro. I was going to have that done professionally done I just want more power for my car and trying to decide what is the best way to go with the supercharger or a nos kit thats all thanks for the info cuz I was thinking if I was to add more power to my car something would mess up like I will be going 40 but really be going 50 and get a speeding ticket. I know that sounds stupid but all this is new to me but I know for sure that I will be adding more power next year for sure
          eric head

Comment

if i were you i would do a lot!! of research before even thinking about nitrous. your speedometer measures your speed, your tach measures engine rpms, nitrous would increase your horsepower, thus giving you more average hp across your rmp range but would in no way at all mess up your tach or speedo.

if youre just starting out have a look at the mod encyclopedia and start with some simple mods... not that nitrous is that difficult to install or understand, but you need to learn more about your car and how it works before you put a system like this on your car... its the only safe way to do it. anyone can get a nitrous system installed, but to use it safely, you need to understand your machine. if youre just starting modding, look into an intake, exhaust, and gears and suspension mods... you could buy a few of these and install most of them yourself for the price of a new nitrous kit plus a shop install. read that modifications encyclopedia

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
            Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

properly supported (search) ..you will see a gain of anywhere from 1 - 3 seconds in the 1/4 mile using nitrous
              <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                3 days ago
              • ssms5411
                Little work today
                by ssms5411
                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                2 weeks ago
              • LETZRIDE
                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X