NOS5175

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOS5175

Thats the kit I have and about to install. I have the FPSS. My car is an auto. Do I need a WOT and/or rpm window switch. I'm thinkingnthat if I have a WOT switch is there any need for the window switch? thanks
    2001 FirebirdW68<br /><br />Whisper Lid; SLP CAI w/K & N, Flowmaster Am. Thunder, B & M Shift kit w/ Servo, 3200 stall Edge Racing Converter, Tranny Cooler, Nittos, 180* stat, Taylor Spiro Pros w/ NGK\'s, MAFT, Royal Purple.

My bad.After looking at it closer I've discovered I have a WOT switch aka microswitch. Didn't know the two were the same. Doh! So will I get the window switch?
    2001 FirebirdW68<br /><br />Whisper Lid; SLP CAI w/K & N, Flowmaster Am. Thunder, B & M Shift kit w/ Servo, 3200 stall Edge Racing Converter, Tranny Cooler, Nittos, 180* stat, Taylor Spiro Pros w/ NGK\'s, MAFT, Royal Purple.

Comment

With an auto you dont really need a window switch, because you dont have to worry about hitting the rev limiter. Just make sure that you dont go WOT before 3000 rpms, and you should be fine.
      Old Car = 12.679 @ 106.5 on 150 dry shot.
      New Car = 2010 3.6l 304hp Camaro

Comment

i think everyone should get an window switch. that is just my opi. i think if you don't you asking for trouble.
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Window switches are a smart investment.

Do a search... it is listed in here.

Granted.... I don't run one ;)
          Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
          nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
          2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
          2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Yea, you're right. I think I might get one then...can't be too safe!

Comment

Keep us updated
              Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
              nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
              2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
              2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                4 days ago
              • ssms5411
                Little work today
                by ssms5411
                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                2 weeks ago
              • LETZRIDE
                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X