Um... When to Spray.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Um... When to Spray.

No, not when to spray your cat, but rather when do you spray when at the track.

Sorry for this n3wb post but I can't seem to find too much on this topic.

Spray above 3k, got that.

How many times do you spray in a run? 1-2 times? Sounds like anything over 2 would cause some serious thermal problems.

I don't have nitrous, but rather would like to know when the guy next to me is spraying =)

My GUESS, above 3k in 2nd and 3rd?

Most people spray through an entire run once, but there are dual stage kits and so forth where you can stagger the amount of nitrous you want to inject. The motor can be sprayed through all gears, 1-4 A4 or 1-5 M5. RPMs should be around 3 grand and up. Basically WOT..
    2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
    1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
    2011 Cadillac CTS-V
    2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Originally posted by Shirl:
      Most people spray through an entire run once, but there are dual stage kits and so forth where you can stagger the amount of nitrous you want to inject. The motor can be sprayed through all gears, 1-4 A4 or 1-5 M5. RPMs should be around 3 grand and up. Basically WOT..
      Alright, but which gear do people usually spray in? I would imagine 3rd?

Comment

i spray right out of the hole. and my nitrous turns on at 2500rpms and off at 6400rpms.
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

[/QUOTE]Alright, but which gear do people usually spray in? I would imagine 3rd? [/QB][/QUOTE]
          actually this isnt like the fast and furious.. this is reality . and considering that on average at the track you are going to be driving for about 14-16 second. you can spray the WHOLE time you engine is over 3K RPM's. if you actually know how to power shift you can spray through shifts on your 5 speed.. or else the WOT switch shuts off so you dont blow up your motor when you let off the gas to shift while you are still spraying nirous.

also a window switch helps.. when you hit the stock revlimitier and you are still spraying nitrous it is a bad thing.. you can get a window switch for your nitrous set up that only allows the nitrous to run from 3K RPM -redline. that way you can just hold your foot down and the nitrous will basically spray it self ...

read some of the guide lines and walk throughs about nitrous on the front of this forum.. it should answer some of your QN's and show you what the truth is.. and not the fantasy world created by hollywood.
          1996 Dark Green V-6 auto. few mods.<br />previous rides:<br />1989 turbo 5 speed dodge caravan (18 PSI, 3\" exhuast,intercooled blah blah)<br />1989 Mustang GT (11.72 @118 many many mods, blown engine a.t.m. :-( )

Comment

I hit it around 3,000 (no lower) off the line.... spray through shifts.... shift at 6,000.

I press the button once and hold it the entire length of the 1/4.
            Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
            nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
            2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
            2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

I have an msd digital window switch along with a WOT switch. The window switch is set to come on at 3000 and shut off at 5600, and the WOT switch makes the nitrous only activate at wide open throttle.
              ~Jessica~<br />Office Manager @ <a href=\"http://www.fbodycentral.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.fbodycentral.com</a> <br />2001 Firebird GT NBM, A4<br /> <a href=\"http://fbodyqueen.tripod.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://fbodyqueen.tripod.com/<

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X