what can my stock handle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what can my stock handle?

how big of a shot can you use on a stock motor?
    Ive been told no more than 50 but then i can get away with a 75.
    any thoughts?
    95 black 3.8 camaro, Intake, Pacesetters, Flowmaster 80 series, accel plugs and wires, B&M shift kit (eh could be better), hopefully a highflow cat soon. and a bunch of appearance mods.

75 before at least upgrading fuel system
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

ok cool yeah i have an msd fuel pump that i was trying to sell. But if im going to need it for running nitrous ill keep it. and also would i need a fuel pressure regulator and new injectors?
      95 black 3.8 camaro, Intake, Pacesetters, Flowmaster 80 series, accel plugs and wires, B&M shift kit (eh could be better), hopefully a highflow cat soon. and a bunch of appearance mods.

Comment

you'll need that pump for anything over a 75 shot..you will not need a fuel pressure regulator if your system is set up and functioning properly..but it wouldnt hurt..stock injectors will handle but max out at a 120 dry shot..i was spraying over this amount and have 30# injectors myself
        <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

ok what are some of the best kits out there? from searching around it seems that nos is prefered over zex.

thanks for the info

Comment

no problem..the best kit to start out with is NOS kit 05175..its a basic dry kit that is easy to use, comes with several safety features..and has take a few members to the 12s..you can find it at www.summitracing.com by putting in this part number at the top of the page: NOS-05175NOS
            <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Originally posted by 1DangerousV6:
              no problem..the best kit to start out with is NOS kit 05175..its a basic dry kit that is easy to use, comes with several safety features..and has take a few members to the 12s..you can find it at www.summitracing.com by putting in this part number at the top of the page: NOS-05175NOS
              haha man you love that kit don't you? If i ever get nitrous(which i might) i just might have to go with this one.
              Red 1998 Camaro 3.8<br />K&N and Home Depot<br />2 12\" JL W3v2 Subwoofers<br />-more audio stuff to come-

Comment

how much does it run? i cant find it on summit for some reason.
                I could probably order it through a few parts stores. But before i do anything with nos i need to upgrade my pc....stupid computers

Comment

$519.95 On summit. 1DangerousV6 I thought that a wet kit is better then dry???
                  2002 Firebird<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2106142/1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2106142/1</a>

Comment

Check all threads with "!" on them
                    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X