Wiring my zex kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring my zex kit

I know the zex has a built in TPS switch, but In conjuction to that I want to run a window switch.. Would I go between the TPS wire and the zex box with the RPM/Window switch?

Which wires should I hook them up to?
    Mystic Teal Metallic
    ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

The TPs was the green wire on the passenger side of my TB.. I got that.. I dont know where to wire my window switch..

I might just call zex and ask them how I wire an rpm switch to their kit.

UPDATE

My remote controled purge is set up and working.
    None of the fittings have any leaks.
    TPS wire is connected to nitrous box.

I mounted the arm switch which is located in the money holder behind in front of the shifter.

I still need to run the wires to the arm switch and run the wire back to my bottle warmer and remote opener.. Should I have a fuse? What rating should I have for the fuse? I already have a fuse wired to my bottle heater. Does my remote opener (pneumatic) or the actual ZEX box need one?? Thanks
    Mystic Teal Metallic

Comment

Run it into the ground lead. That way you have another safety feature added.. so unless you are at the desired window of RPM the circut is not complete.

The zex box should have had a 15amp inline fuse block on the power wire. I am sure you can just get one from radio shack.

Comment

im not sure about the opener but the zex box should definitely have one..if not..then like Pewter2K1 said..get one at radio shack or home depot
        <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

All wired - the window switch, and I need a 15 amp fuse tomorrow.

I'm so happy. It feels awesome to flick my led switch and hear the nitrous lines pressurize. Then I turn the switch off and press my purge button on the keyless remote.. So awesome.
          Wiring was not easy. Running them through the firewall and under the carpet was the hardest, but thats all done now. I will do the thing to arm it with the ground.. I never thought of wiring it like that.. Thanks
          Mystic Teal Metallic

Comment

yup..setting up a kit is a PITA..but wellllll worth it ;) ..glad everything is done and going smooth
            <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

hey.. I might be going to RPI next year we gotta race man...
              Mystic Teal Metallic

Comment

I turned the car on and i got reduced engine power and SES light.. Then the car stalled.. The car hasnt sprayed at all. I took the clamp off the green wire and now the car works fine.. Can anyone explain.. I havent even sprayed yet
                Mystic Teal Metallic

Comment

P0300 - Engine Misfire Detected (Immature)
                  P1120 - Throttle Position (TP) Sensor 1 Circuit (History) (Immature)
                  P1221 - Fuel Pump Secondary Circuit Low (SES) (History) (Immature)
                  P1516 - Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) Module Throttle Actuator Position Performance (SES) (History) (Immature)
                  P1523 - Throttle Closed Position Performance (History) (Immature)

Continuous Tests:
                  Misfire - Incomplete
                  Fuel System - Complete
                  Comprehensive Component - Complete

Once Per Trip Tests:
                  Catalyst - Complete
                  Heated Catalyst - n/a
                  Evaporative System - Complete
                  Secondary Air System - n/a
                  A/C System Refrigerant - n/a
                  Oxygen Sensor - Complete
                  Oxygen Sensor Heater - Complete
                  EGR System - Complete
                  Mystic Teal Metallic

Comment

I got those codes. I removed them after unplugging my zex box from the Green wire and the codes went away.. does anyone know what went wrong??? How does this happen?

I updated my nitrous tune that foff made for me after figuring out why the lights were happening. Did I connect it to the wrong wire? Why would this happen?
                    Mystic Teal Metallic

Comment

help please..
                      Mystic Teal Metallic

Comment

I tried to wire a zex kit up to a window switch. It just doesn't really work. The problem was the zex tps was adding voltage to the green wire. Atleast that is what I was running into.

I eventually disassembled the zex box and rewired the whole thing up like a NX kit, adding a wot switch and relay.
                        Keith - 99 'maro - White M5 - bumpstick and boltons - 13.65 @ 101 N/A
                        "I ain't too big to listen to the rumors, I'm just too @#$% big to pay attention to them" - Dr. Dre
                        http://seppo.hopto.org/

Comment

I'm an idiot.. I forgot to ground the zex box.. wow.. Grounded it and unhooked the intake. Floored the car and it sprayed!

One thing that scared me was that at first when I started the car it sprayed. If the intake was connected I wouldve been screwed..

I tried it other times but it didnt spray at the start of the car. I shouldnt have to worry about that with the window switch installed when its installed!
                          Mystic Teal Metallic

Comment

In having the ground problem I realised that wiring the window switch is going to be a hassle..
                            I called zex and they faxed me a special wiring diagram.

i need a relay and a bunch of extra 12v lines. Its pretty weird.. if anyone needs this diagram let me know. I'll post it if you guys think its a good idea.
                            Mystic Teal Metallic

Comment

So everything is cool now?

Damn grounds will get ya.

If you can post the diagram I'll add it to our instructions thread.

I'm useless with wiring though :(
                              Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                              nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                              2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                              2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X