No announcement yet.

Closing the deal on a kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my reading are good and really helped me out a few times. i have an msd window switch and you can change everything that you want right in the mini box. best company that i ever did bus. with.
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by kristen:
      my reading are good and really helped me out a few times. i have an msd window switch and you can change everything that you want right in the mini box. best company that i ever did bus. with.
      Heh actually you have a BMN Race tech window switch babe ;) .

Originally posted by teal99camaro:
      where do I get the new crystals to set it to 5500?
      Teal does your window switch use rpm pills like the MSD?

http://www.msdignition.com/rpm_10.htm

Comment

I just checked and it seems like it does. You could do this and make your NX window switch adjustable to whatever you want:

http://www.corral.net/tech/powerplant/arm/

Comment

so i'd have to get it ordered at a store or can a distributor get it to me?
          Mystic Teal Metallic
          ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

Comment

Tough question, will 3000 to 6000 kill me? Ive heard people say its ok, but is it not?
            Do I need an MSD ignition to use the window switch?

Tonight at the track, I got a blow down tube and some jets.. I think she was looking at the dry chart though so ive got to go back next wed. to get the right shots..... after I get a fuel pump would a 100 shot be 26 / 46?? Will my kit support a 100 shot?

http://www.zex.com/Products/JetCharts.asp

[ August 26, 2005, 11:26 PM: Message edited by: teal99camaro ]
            Mystic Teal Metallic

Comment

• ZEX Nitrous Systems have an advanced, patented feature called "Active Fuel Control". This feature monitors nitrous bottle pressure and adds or subtracts enrichment fuel so the engine never runs too rich, or too lean, when you engage the nitrous system.

I dont think I need a guage up front.. Do you?
              Mystic Teal Metallic

Comment

Well I can't say for sure if you can use the MSD pills on a NX window switch but physically they look the same. The pills are just resistors, MSD sells the pills in sets like you can buy a whole 3,000 RPM set I belive they go up in 200 intervals but they're expensive so that's why I showed you the link on how to make the Nino arm you can find all the parts at radio shack to make it and it'll allow you to adjust the the RPM's to whatever you want for a fraction of the cost but if you'd rather just buy the pills you can call NX and ask them if the MSD pills will work which they'll probably say yes and you can buy em on ebay or something. And no you don't need the MSD ignition to use the window switch.

the window switch is there to prevent you from spraying too soon causing a backfire and puddling if you have a wet kit and to kill the nitrous before you smack the rev limiter if you set the window switch to shut off before you hit the rev limiter you should be fine.

The fuel pump question I would recommend getting a Dyno tune along with it if you plan to run a shot that high Kristen's A/F was all over the place and when she went to get all that work done to her car right before the dyno tune when they pulled apart the motor they said it was running badly lean and they were surprised she didn't blow it.

Comment

Originally posted by teal99camaro:
                  • ZEX Nitrous Systems have an advanced, patented feature called "Active Fuel Control". This feature monitors nitrous bottle pressure and adds or subtracts enrichment fuel so the engine never runs too rich, or too lean, when you engage the nitrous system.

I dont think I need a guage up front.. Do you?
                  I would atleast get a bottle gauge that way you know what the pressure is, the zex module is just an added saftey feature I'd still rather know that my pressure isn't up because my bottle is near empty.

Comment

i missed the Nino switch... I'll do that tomorrow. I build computers and mess with potentiometers all the time in order to make fanbusses.. cool man thanks a lot..

Anyone know if all I would need for the 100 shot are jets and a fuel pump?? Looks that way to me.. And I dont think the car will run lean o rich because its got the fuel control, but let me know
                    Mystic Teal Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by pumm3l:
                      I would atleast get a bottle gauge that way you know what the pressure is, the zex module is just an added saftey feature I'd still rather know that my pressure isn't up because my bottle is near empty. [/QB]
                      If ther bottle is empty, how would the pressure be up.. i'm kind of a beginner so I need some stuff explained to me.. sorry.

I know with a heater gasses will expand, but even if the bottle is empty the pressure can still be high enough to make the computer system think there is more nitrous than there actually is?
                      Mystic Teal Metallic

Comment

No sorry for the confusion I meant that when your bottle is near empty that the pressure will NOT be able to reach the optimal psi for spraying, it's just another added percaution, and when using nitrous you can never have to many saftey percautions.

Comment

Oh and here's a site with a RPM table, it tells you what resistance to make the different RPM pills:

http://members.aol.com/blownf1/pill_rework.html

Comment

cool... just got my kit in the mail, about to install it later. Wish me lick.. Does the purge go before the management unit or after? Thanks
                            Mystic Teal Metallic

Comment

I'd avoid that kit, I don't like it.

Ditch the platinum plugs too
                              Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                              nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                              2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                              2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                4 days ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X