fpss question (and more)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fpss question (and more)

does it matter which of the connections is grounded and which goes to the solenoid?

[ June 18, 2005, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: Loochy88 ]

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

I don't think it matters at least with mine it didn't because I took the white wire from the relay, connected it to the FPSS, and then went to my ground so it is just right in line to the ground. What kind of kit is yours? Mine is an NX wet kit and I have a relay that the FPSS connected to.
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

mine's nos brand. i think its the lt1 kit.

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

nope..ts just a cercuit that you open or close..doesnt matter which wire is power or ground..the solenoids are the same way too
        <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

thanks guys. wiring is my downlfall.

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

no problem, any other questions just ask, I have been doing a lot of wiring on my car with the nitrous, manual fan switch, 3 gauges, and neons.
            http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

yeah, i did a manual fan switch on my own, i only shocked myself a few times. :D

ummm... lets see... other questions. i tested the solenoids straight off the battery, then i realized that was probably not a very good idea. any chance i screwed them up?

im just about finished, ive only got to mount the bottle, and find a ground and a 12 volt ignition wire under the dash. oh, and cover a few wires in loom under the hood. also, i bet im the first person to mount the 'noids where i did. ill post a picture later.

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

the solenoids are probably fine..but i would test them through the fused relay before using them..as for the ignition wire..theres a big fat pink one under the panel by your knees thats kind of in a harness with a bunch of other wires..that would be a good one..on our cars..the pink wires are wires that only have power when the car is on (or the key is in the "run" position)..wiring can be fun..when there isnt gasonline involved....... :D
                <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Originally posted by Loochy88:
                  wiring is my downlfall.
                  Mine too!

I keep quiet when wiring comes up!
                  Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                  nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                  2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                  2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X