fpr/vaccum question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fpr/vaccum question

ive been reading threads that have said to hook up the vaccum setup on the passanger's side of the intake. now, i can clearly see that the fpr is on the driver's side. there is a small rubber elbow that comes off the back of it and goes around the back of the intake to the other side and hooks into the something marked on the diagram as "manif pres". i was just going to hook into the fpr right where the rubber elbow connects. i read an old thread where james was talking about hooking into something on the passanger side though. i see the evaporative canister purge valve and the evap canister switch. are you guys hooking into the line between those?

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

Mine was inline with a T-Fitting right off the FPR. Never had a problem with it there.

Comment

your MAP sensor is on the passenger side of the manifold (its a small black sensor held on with torx bit screws towards the back end passenger side of the manifold)..and the FPR is on the driver's side of the fuel rail..theres a vacuum hose that runs from the MAP sensor to the FPR..you want to tee into that vacuum line..one end of the tee goes to the big blue nitrous pressure regulator, one end goes to the FPR, and the 42 jetted end of the bypass tee goes towards the MAP sensor..if you have the new style tee that does not include a 42 jet and is just stamped 42..make sure that stamped end goes towards the MAP sensor

[ June 17, 2005, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: 1DangerousV6 ]
      <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

ok, thatks guys, thats what i did. just had to be sure.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
        Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Jeez.... how did i do my dry kit..... with vaccum set up.....

I think we have the NOS instructions in a thread marked "!" up top.
          Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
          nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
          2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
          2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X