Broken siphon tube inside bottle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken siphon tube inside bottle

what a pain in the @ss..im on the way home and i can hear a very small clanking sound inside my bottle..i thought maybe the tube inside was just tapping the inside when i went over bumps..cuz i could see nothing was hitting the outside..when i got home i took the bottle out and turned it over a couple times in my hands..you could hear the tube just drop from the top to the bottom and just roll around..it was completely broken off! ..so i had to let a good 6 lbs. of juice go to waste so that i could take the high flow valve off, remove the ferule and 1/4" of tubing it was still holding on to, reset the tube so it was perfectly straight, and attach the high flow valve again..im not sure how long it had been like this or how it even happened..and im not sure if it had any effects on my recent runs
    <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

That could be a problem, lol. Never heard of that happening before. See there is just another thing that seems to only happen to you. What a shame.

What's this dual stage in your sig now? I thought you were still running the single stage and trying for 12s?
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

i know..stupid tank lol ..yeah i have a dual stage hooked up now..i cant run any more juice without getting spin..unlses i lower the tire psi a LOT but that will slow me down..so if i want to or need to in order to hit 12s..its there :D
      <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

ah I see, cool
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

How the hell did you do that?!?!?!?!

As for dropping tire psi too much and going slower.... I run 16 psi on my et streets.... do you go lower?
          Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
          nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
          2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
          2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Your MPH does NOT match your E.T. WTF gives?
            [ full bolt on\'s and blown.]<br />[formerly known as naptown]<br />[just know that im teh man ]

Comment

lol..i have no idea..i dont ever remember dropping the tank or doing anything that break the siphon tube off..its pretty thin..the only thing i can think of was that it came from the factory a little loose..and after years of shaking around and stuff it just snapped..but i've never actually HEARD it being loose before..so i dunno

as for my runs..i normally run 25 psi in the tires..i was running 22 that day..not enough to bring the mph down that much..id say it was just the shot level but it happened on the 150 shot too..my guess right now is that siphon tube..i have no idea how it was positioned when i took those runs..and what effect it woulda had..nothing looks that much different on the 13.41 run except for a little less KR..so all i can do really is just see what happens next time out..on my second attempt at the 175 shot i ran out of juice..but not really..i still had 6 lbs left..but the tube wast picking it up..so im thinking it powered me most of the way and then didnt pick up anymore juice and let me roll to a 98 trap speed at 13.1 ..i'll just see what happens next time out [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Get that syphon tube addressed.

Comment

its all fixed up and angled perfectly..i did it last night..only difference is its now a 1/4" - 1 centimeter shorter..should i get a new one or should that not really matter?

Comment

Why is it shorter?

Comment

it actually broke off inside the bottle..theres a ferule inside the bottle that holds the tube to the high flow valve..when it broke off..there was about a 1/4" or so of tubing that the ferule was still holding on to..in order to put the tube through the ferule and attach it again i had to take that little piece out

Comment

Why not replace the whole valve assembly?

Or.... send it back to NOS for them to install part correctly?

Comment

i think i might just replace the whole valve assembly..i do still do a couple shows every summer..not to win anymore..just to show it off..and it has become somewhat beaten over the past few years anyway

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X