where to get the fuel from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to get the fuel from?

i have a NX wet kit. a few weeks ago everything was ready to go. i cut the fuel line and was going to get the fuel from there but i noticed when driving N/A that the car lacked on power from the low range. so now i replaced the fuel line and now where can i get the fuel from? i was thinking about the fuel line? where you use to check the line? any ideas will it work from there?
    lil_scrappy97@yahoo.com

you want to get the fuel from the schrader valve..you have to take the cap off it..it is a small valve on the front passenger side of the fuel rail..i believe it is 4 AN male (at least mine is)..so your 4 AN fuel hose should screw directly on to it..be careful releasing pressure from the rail when opening the schrader valve..it will spray a little fuel for a minute..i open it a bit, then put a towel over it..and repeat until its open and ready for the fuel hose to be connected..DO NOT start the car until the install is complete and the schrader valve is closed again with a solenoid or fitting etc
    <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

yeah that's what i was thinking but i didn't know if fuel would come out. because i took off the lid and no fuel came out till i press on it then it shot some out. so will it still come out?
      lil_scrappy97@yahoo.com

Comment

To release the fuel pressure you can open your gas cap first or pull the fuse in the fuse panel inside the car on the drivers side and then try starting the car to relieve the pressure.

The schrader valve has a small pin in it like a tire has in its air valve. You will need to get a little tool to remove that first. When I removed the small pin only a few drops came out of the valve. Not a problem with fuel pouring out or anything since it is at the top of the fuel system.

Hope that helps and you can get that kit put in correctly and get out there and have some fun with it
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

yeah man that helped out a lot. i'll see if i can get it done tomorrow and start to spray already.
          lil_scrappy97@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life:
            To release the fuel pressure you can open your gas cap first or pull the fuse in the fuse panel inside the car on the drivers side and then try starting the car to relieve the pressure.
            That's way overkill for using the schraeder valve. Just wrap a screw driver in a towel and press the button. It'll squirt for about half a second, that's it. ;)
            Matt
            1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
            Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

never can be to safe, lol. Hey those are all ways to do it I was stating, you don't do them all together. Sorry if I typed it a little confusing if that is how you understood it. I was just stating different ways to do it
              http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

no matter what way he does it im just happy to see another fellow sprayer [img]smile.gif[/img]
                <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Go to auto parts store.

Get a "shrader valve" tool.... don't try and use a small screw driver.

Remove the shrader valve.... fuel line connects into the fuel rail [img]smile.gif[/img]
                  Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                  nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                  2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                  2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X