wanna do nitrous...what to spray??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanna do nitrous...what to spray??

ok i have a 98 A4 3.8...i wanna do nitrous but i dont kno too much about it....i wanna do just enough so i dont hurt my engine...i have magnaflow catback exhaust and K & N air filter with the air box mods...soon i will have my PCM reprogrammed...i was told i will be safe running a 90 shot or 100 AT most...what kit should i get? NX, NOS, Eddelbrock??

what do you guys think?
    Juiced Rally Red 98 A4<br /><br />Way too much to list....<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2263415\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2263415</a>

Try the search feature here in the nitrous section for all the information u are looking for. Everything has been discussed in depth and will help you in your nitrous needs.

I personnally have a NX wet kit jetted at a 75 shot at the moment. The limit for our stock engines without any internal mods is pretty much 100 shot. With a 100 shot, you want to make sure you have a high flow fuel pump installed though for a 100 shot to be safe.
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

when i stated with nitrous i started with a 50 shot and then moved my way up to the 75 shot finally a 100 shot. on a stock engine i wouldn't go above a 75 shot. to be honest if you going to do nitrous i would get a hp tuner also, that way you can get it tuned to feel the n/x to the max. before i got tuned i was running 100 shot and on the dyno it said that out of that 100 hp only 67 was getting to my wheels. so just think if it was a 50 shot you wouldn't really get much out of it. i have a nitrous express kit. i love it. you should get a wet kit. i don't see the point of a dry kit. do a search!^^
      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

the point of a dry kit is that the car does the tuning for you..wet kits are a little tougher to tune..and also have the possibility of backfires..and we've all seen the half burned cars after one of those..if you're going to start with a wet kit..start low the way Kristen did..then work your way up..this allows you to get used to running juice..and tune better the way she did also..anything over a 75 shot you are going to want to upgrade your fuel pump and suspension..also..no matter what shot you run..92+ octane fuel is needed with spark plugs gapped at .035 ..i recommend NGK TR6 plugs..the ONLY plugs i'll spray on..also..just do a little research on nitrous..read the stickies at the top of this section and maybe try to find a good book [img]smile.gif[/img]
        <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

dry kits have there place and honestly now that we have tunning, I think dry is alot safer, if you have not seen our intakes they are horrible for distribution as it is.

12sec has had problems spraying anything above a 100 shot because it backfires. With a dry kit all you would need is bigger injectors, fuel pump and tuning and you are kinda only at the limit of the motor on how much you can spray. I have not heard really anybody being able to spray a wet kit on our cars over a 100 shot consistently and not get a backfire.

the only motor I know of that took a dumb on a dry shot was 12sec old motor when he had put bigger injectors in and it was not tuned properly and this was way before hp tuners was out

also no one has really ever played with a 2 stage or more nitrous set up on here. I really dont know why not.

Tq I think will kill a nitrous motor if you can keep it up high but not to high you should be fine , with nitrous the tq falls off fast after the first hit, if you sprayed another shot 1200 rpms later im sure you would see great results

an engin at 5000 rpms needs more air then at 3000rpms your engin can handle more nitrous the higher the rpms

just stuff I have learned over the years reading countless message boards

Comment

^ actually i am currently working on a second stage..it was gonna be a secret :D ...will be trying it out as soon as the line and nozzle arrive..its for a quick 50 shot towards the end to put me in the 12s

anyways..like he said..with a dry shot..you're at the limits of the motor..i have been running a 150 dry shot pretty much all season on 30# injectors..best NA was 15.6 and with juice is 13.4 ..so im getting a nice 2.2 seconds out of it..will be more once i get a good run on a lower 60' and another little shot at the end for a good few tenths

[ June 10, 2005, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: 1DangerousV6 ]
            <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Check all the threads with "!" next to them.

My nitrous problems "over 100" seem to be resolved due to me changing the location of my nitrous/ fuel nozzles. [img]smile.gif[/img]
              Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
              nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
              2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
              2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X