leaving bottle in the car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaving bottle in the car

just wonder who leaves their bottle in the car in the summer when it's like 90-100 degrees out? i know that there is a certain heat that the bottles can take. last summer i was just putting it in when i was going to race or look for a race. and it's such a hasel. so i want to see what would be safe.
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

It can get really hot in cars and cause your PSI to sky rocket. Do you have a blow off tube on it all the time? If not I would recommend removing it and only putting it in when you plan on using it, unless you relocate it to the spare tire area in the trunk where it stays cooler.

When I do leave my bottle in during the summer months I throw a blanket over it to keep the sun off of it because I have mine between my back two seats. If you know you are going to have a couple really hot days and the car is going to be sitting out in the hot sun, I would take it out.

There are some videos of guys with bottles rupturing in their cars from the heat, not a pretty situation.
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

well mine is in the back window but i always have a custom box covering it. i don't have a blow down tube in now but i will soon.
      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

I left mine in the car all the time.. Never had a problem..
        Jeff ..
        1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
        2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
        1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
        http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

As long as you keep it covered I think you will be allright. Also get that blow down tube and then you will be fine

Comment

Also, doesn't your track require you to have a blow down tube? Mine said it was required when I asked them before I went the first time.

Comment

Never had a problem!
              2002 NBM Pontiac Firebird Formula<br />Mods: stock...<br />1997 Chevy Camaro *Gone*<br />Mods:Borla,headers,Magnaflow cat, SLP intake, NOS 5175

Comment

mine stays in 24/7 ..never had a problem..always have the blowdown hooked up
                <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

i don't have a blow down tube in now but i will soon.
                  How did you pass tech at the track?
                  2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
                  1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
                  2011 Cadillac CTS-V
                  2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
                  2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

You MUST have one just for sheer safety!!!!

I've blown the psi disc 3 times over the years.

The psi can get REALLY damn high!!!!

Even w/ the bottle blanket... it just doesn't help.

My bottles sit in my house
                    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Originally posted by Shirl:
                      </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> i don't have a blow down tube in now but i will soon.
                      How did you pass tech at the track? </font>[/QUOTE]They don't check for sh!t like that at the track here, lol.
                      \'99 SSM Camaro V6 M5<br />(mod list on cardomain site; too long to list here)<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/v6cam99\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/v6cam99</a>

Comment

guys were talking about atco. everyone thinks that the box in my back window is a sub of some sort!
                        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by 99v6cam:
                          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Shirl:
                          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> i don't have a blow down tube in now but i will soon.
                          How did you pass tech at the track? </font>[/QUOTE]They don't check for sh!t like that at the track here, lol. </font>[/QUOTE]LOL off topic, but one time at the track here the guy who writes on your window asked if I was 18, just like the ladies who collect your money do, and I'm like "yep". At the time I was 17. So he's like "Let me see some I.D", and i'm like "Sure". So I give him my drivers license and he looks at it for a good while. "Okay you're good to go". I'm like wtf lol I figured they were going to kick me out or something.

Those Bithlo folk aren't too bright.
                          -Kevin<br /><a href=\"http://heinz.no-ip.com/Car%20Pics/IM000117.JPG\" target=\"_blank\"><b>\'96 White Camaro RS M5</b></a> <br />GTP Shortblock - T3/T4 -6psi Intercooled<br />Open Downpipe

Comment

Originally posted by asdf1234:
                            </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 99v6cam:
                            </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Shirl:
                            How did you pass tech at the track? </font>[/QUOTE]They don't check for sh!t like that at the track here, lol. </font>[/QUOTE]LOL off topic, but one time at the track here the guy who writes on your window asked if I was 18, just like the ladies who collect your money do, and I'm like "yep". At the time I was 17. So he's like "Let me see some I.D", and i'm like "Sure". So I give him my drivers license and he looks at it for a good while. "Okay you're good to go". I'm like wtf lol I figured they were going to kick me out or something.

Those Bithlo folk aren't too bright.
                            </font>[/QUOTE]BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! thats a bithlo story right there...

OrlandoSpeedWorld has almost no tech... I know so many people who run with no helmets running 13s-12s. and some of the cars that make tehre ways in, are pretty rough.
                            -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Originally posted by kristen:
                              guys were talking about atco. everyone thinks that the box in my back window is a sub of some sort!
                              Why chance it?

If a bottle psi disc ruptured with you in the car... and no blow down tube..... 2000+ psi of nitrous oxide at sub freezing temp would let loose and prob hurt you quite bad.

For the $20 max for a blow down tube.... its just a smart thing to do.
                              Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                              nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                              2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                              2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X