Well looks like im getting nitrous, few questions - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well looks like im getting nitrous, few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well looks like im getting nitrous, few questions

I dont have a camaro, but i do have a L36. A friend of mine is selling me his dry kit from his neon. Its been sitting around for a long time and he just wants it gone. Its a universal kit so i figure i can make it work. I would normally go to clubgp for this stuff, but i know you guys are the experts on nitrous.

OK first question, how hard is it and how much would it cost to convert to a wet shot? i really dont want to run a dry shot for fear of popping a piston.

What exactly is a direct port setup? is that when the nitrous sprays into each intake port seperatly instead of one big stream?

Ill probably come up with some later.
    01 Grand Prix GT- 3\" DP, custom CAI, 180* Tstat<br /><br />I dont have a Fbody, but i will once im out of college...mmmm RWD L36.....

Originally posted by stuffy236:
    I dont have a camaro, but i do have a L36. A friend of mine is selling me his dry kit from his neon. Its been sitting around for a long time and he just wants it gone. Its a universal kit so i figure i can make it work. I would normally go to clubgp for this stuff, but i know you guys are the experts on nitrous.

OK first question, how hard is it and how much would it cost to convert to a wet shot? i really dont want to run a dry shot for fear of popping a piston.

What exactly is a direct port setup? is that when the nitrous sprays into each intake port seperatly instead of one big stream?

Ill probably come up with some later.
    with a wet shot, yo have to worry about having back fires which can destroy the intake.on the same shot, dry is safer b/c it produces less torque and power. therefore dry is safer as long as you dont go lean.

if you have any kind of progamming that advances timing, that needs to be removed.

how big of a shot are you running?
    as for the direct port, search!
    2002 NBM Pontiac Firebird Formula<br />Mods: stock...<br />1997 Chevy Camaro *Gone*<br />Mods:Borla,headers,Magnaflow cat, SLP intake, NOS 5175

Comment

Hi and welcome!

Can you give us a bit more info?

Dry works VERY well! Personally, I think they are very good. I moved to wet because I wanted to go faster.

Check the posts with the "!" next to them in the nitrous section.

Give us a bit more info, thanks [img]smile.gif[/img]
      Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
      nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
      2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
      2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X