spraying the IAT sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spraying the IAT sensor

is this bad?..i was told it was..which is why i have my nozzle in a not so ideal location..my IAT is in the back left side of my ram air box..the nozzle sticks into the back of the air box on the same side..but closer to (and attempting to angle down) the hole in the back that the hose connects to..so it currently doesnt spray over the IAT
    <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

I sprayed right at my IAT sensor and never had a problem.

THe IAT sensor detects the drop in temperature from the nitrous, I would think not spraying towards it wouldn't be as efficient.

Comment

hmmm..interesting..more tuning to be done..some dude at the track just told me if i spray the IAT too much it can freeze it and kill it..maybe i'll try putting a nozzle in each side of the air box after all..where should they be on the sides?..about how far from the back and from the big hole where the hose connects?..can i use just one nozzle or do i really need one on each side?
      <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

i just went out and checked the air box..i cant put them on the sides because of the width of that air box..its a LOT wider than the stock air box..however..i can put one in the front aiming straight back to the where the hose connects..it would still spray over the IAT because the IAT is RIGHT next to the hole in the back where the hose connects

Comment

You want the nitrous to eventually flow across the IAT, the charge is very cold and I can technically see it damaging the sensor.

On a dry kit James says as far away from the sensor as possible spraying up towards the TB, so there is nothing wrong with putting it in the lid, but maybe move the IAT sensor back to it's stock location!

Comment

i think i'll do that..because i checked inside the box..and just the way its shaped i cant really get one in on the front either..its kinda hard to explain how the box is..but yeah i think i may move the IAT in the hose closer to the TB..thanks man!

Comment

If I ran a lid style intake......

I'd run a Y fitting after the solenoid and have a dual nozzle set up into each side of the air box.

I would drill a hole on either side of the air box and fasten the nozzle into the box on each side.

The nozzles would be as close to the front of the box (nose of the car) as possible.

Spraying right onto the IAT....I've done it... and had no problems.

You want to spray as far away from TB as possible to get the MOST benifit of cooling.
              Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
              nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
              2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
              2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

You will be fine spraying the IAT... worst case you will brake it but it won't kill the car or anything...

hell I used to run with my IAT, wrapped around my ABS module [img]smile.gif[/img]
                -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X