Good bottle location for a SHOW setup?! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good bottle location for a SHOW setup?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good bottle location for a SHOW setup?!

Ok, well i just got my kit (probably will be about a month before i put it in... gotta finish school and stuff up first). I do a lot of car shows so i want the setup to look as good as it runs. I'm repainting the bottle metallic black, and it might get some other special treatment, but that has yet to be seen. Ive pretty much got it all planned out in my head how i want the majority of the setup. The one thing I havnt figured out yet where I want to put the bottle. As of now im thinking between the rear seats, but im not set on that yet. Ive got a long blowdown tube to work with, so thats not a problem. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Im looking for soemthing unique, but something thats easily visible inside the car. I dont want to do the spare tire well, cause i dont want to have to take the panel off for shows. Rear seats have to stay in the car, and Its a ttop car, so nothing in the bottom of the trunk.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

check out my car domain page. i have mine right in the back window, and i also made a box so that i can cover it when i don't want it to be seen(at the mall ect.) that is a spot that no one can miss.
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Had mine on a "custom" box that replaced the backseat, you've seen the pics I believe.

Looked very good from outside the car with the rear hatch up.

I think on the hump if you're keeping the backseats or if it fits ok IN the rear window.

Comment

between the rear seats..looks awesome and no need for a remote opener..i have won a few good awards for this setup [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.geocities.com/doering18/bottle.jpg

[ May 03, 2005, 09:19 AM: Message edited by: 1DangerousV6 ]
        <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

I have mine mounted between my back seats.
          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

In the wheel well. Take the plastic panel off to show, cover it up when your ready to go!
            2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
            1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
            2011 Cadillac CTS-V
            2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
            2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Well, i like all the ideas, but im still pretty set on between the rear seats... now do most of you guys drill right into that hump... or should i make some sort of stand...?

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

my bottle is on carpet covered wooden stands..the brackets bolt right into the stands..you want to make sure the front one is raised a little to get that 15* angle..im not sure how the stands are installed on to that hump..im pretty sure the bolts go right through it..it may be a pain in the @ss to get access to the bottom side because of the driveshaft and stuff in there
                <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

I made a wooden stand and made brackets that use the seat belt bolts as well so I didn't drill any holes in the hump. Works great
                  http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

i just checked and mine are bolted through it..if i were to do it myself i would do it how 97rs did or use some type of good epoxy..if mine were for show id go with dual bottle stainless brackets [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life:
                      I made a wooden stand and made brackets that use the seat belt bolts as well so I didn't drill any holes in the hump. Works great
                      any pics?

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Loochy, welcome to the club!! [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img]
                        <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

hey, shortdog! havnt seen you around here in quite a while.

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

some great looking engineering here
                            \'98 Camaro V6<br />Appearance... pleasing<br />Performance... just a little extra air.

Comment

^ those brackets are on ebay a lot..i like them because you can adjust the angle no matter where you put the bottle..you're left with the same problem of whether to drill into the hump or not though..but i do like thos brackets..id like to see one in person to see how tightly they hold the bottle though

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X