Could someone please help me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could someone please help me

HI, I'm an idiot. I thought I could put in a zex kit without having much trouble but it is a pain in the ***!!! If any of you could spare some time for a fellow fbody lover it would make and save my day.
    spects: 1994 3.4L
    questions:
    1. The wire that some how suppose to attach to the throttle sensor wire...I have no clue how to connect it or which one of them to connect it to..provided I'm even looking at the right unit on the passanger side of the veh, I think it is the one with the four wires on it at the very top across from the throttle wires.
    2. How and where do I hook up the fuel pressure regulator tubes? Both the intake and the one that is hooked to the fuel pressure regulator...I have no clue where the stuff is on the car to hook up to...haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!, I "think" the fuel pressure regulator is on the top of the engine and the intake tube is suppose to attach to that mettle tub on the ruber air induction tube after the air filter...again I have to clue...please help, I'm trying to learn this but its a pain....and people always said how easy it was..sure if you know where to put the ****.

sorry man..i have no experience with zex kits or working on a 3.4 :(
    <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

I looked at your web page...do those radar/laser jammers really work?

Comment

did you not get the install papers? i have it on pdf and can send it to you if you need it.

as far as the vaccum hose goes, theres one barb on the nmu that goes out to your fpr, and another that you plug the existing vaccum hose into. im not sure where the throttle wire is on the 3.4, but you could just get a voltage tester and see which one changes with the throttle position. its gotta be one of them.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
        Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

your TPS sensor is the sensor on the passenger side of the TB in line with the throttle linkage , the part on the top of the TB is the IAC
          -Aaron, AKA ATL2001<br />93 3.4L <br /><a href=\"http://www.ilfba.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ilfba.com</a>

Comment

Sorry man, I haven't seen these on our cars.

Loochy, can you post the PDF and I'll add it to our thread on kit instructions?

Thanks!
            Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
            nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
            2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
            2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Originally posted by 12secondv6:

Thanks!
              http://luckachuck.tripod.com/NitrousInstructionsZex.pdf [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

thanks for your help guys! yes, I've read the instructions but they don't help if you cant find the correct wires. I'm going to try the voltage test and possibly do the tubs today...I'm still hestitant because thing the system is suppose to exit throught he fuel regualtor which is not how I've seen any other peoples cars do it..in any case I better get to work..I'll let you all know how it turns out...If I come here next time asking were is a place to by an lt1 engine then you know I've foobared the installation [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Jeez you all speak greek. Is the IQW next to the YRL or is that the MMU over the STW, behind the NUU ahead of the WTF. Um I'll stick to my day job. [img]smile.gif[/img]
                  Jessica :)<br />Kansas: There\'s no place like home...99 Firebird Blown/6lbs, Eaton w/3.42\'s CI headers Z28 Exaust<br />CAI, #36 injectors Intense PCM

Comment

^haha

TPS = throttle position sensor
                    TB = throttle body
                    IAC = idle air controller..i think
                    PDF = pretty damn fine ;)
                    <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Originally posted by 1DangerousV6:
                      PDF = pretty damn fine ;)
                      :rolleyes: [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Originally posted by Loochy88:
                        </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 12secondv6:

Thanks!
                        http://luckachuck.tripod.com/NitrousInstructionsZex.pdf [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]Kick @ss, thanks!

I updated it!
                        Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                        nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                        2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                        2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

I don't really know much about nitrous but then again I am only 16. I have the nos dry kit and it was really easy to put on. There is only one box with 3 wirers and two vacuume lines. One vacuume line goes to the fuel pressure regulator the other hooks to the vacuume line that came off the fuel pressure regulator. there is a ground and power wire ant then one wire goes to the tps. when the system is turned on it will spray at wide open throttle. I have also learned it is bad to hit the rev limiter with the nos on. Pics will be up soon on what happens when you do.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/chevyfreak_boy

Comment

Originally posted by die another day:
                            I looked at your web page...do those radar/laser jammers really work?
                            No. The Rocky Mountain Jammers have been proven obsolete time and time again. They are nothing more than an expensive inefficeint radar detector. Do a google search, there's tons of research on it. I always laugh everytime I see someone with one of those. No offense to you DangerousV6, I love what you've done with your car. IMO you're better off just getting a good radar detector, if for no other reason that Radar Jammers are illegal on a federal level and getting caught with one could mean real jail time. If you feel you must have one, there is one brand out there that has proven effectivness, but I won't say which one that is. Rocky Mountain is garbage.
                            Xenon body kit, 17\" Diablo Burgini Rims, Wings West Spoiler, Borla Exhaust, Intercooled tips, SLP CAI, Carbon Fiber Whisper Lid, HPP3, Vette Servo, Custom Red and Black Leather interior, Alum. DS. <br /><br />187rwhp and 204lbs torque<br />15.51 with .45 r/t

Comment

^ oh i agree..the jammer doesnt really work..so..as he said..its just an over-priced radar detector..it works really well and has saved my @ss in the past..but you could do just as good for much less $$$

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X