Did anyone ever try NX Incognito

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone ever try NX Incognito

I always liked the idea of the bottle fitting right there in the glove box. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously though, the kit http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
    is pretty darn cheap, and according to that can spray up to around 50. Thats as much as I would ever want to do anyway. I'm sure I would seldom even use the thing really, with all the shows I do it would be nice to be able to flip open and show off the little hidden nitrous system.

In this thread several people talked a bit about trying it...

http://www.camarov6.com/ubb/ultimate...=001244#000000

did anyone ever follow through?

Also, on NX's website it says that it is for carb applications only, but i dont understand this at all. I was under the impression that all dry kits are pretty much universal. And from the looks of it this one is as simple as it gets.

heres the catalog page on their website... its listed under carb systems...

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Catalog/Main.htm

I know its not going to be the strongest system, I know i wont be able to keep up with the likes of you hardcore nitrous folk, but would the thing at least work?

Whats the deal with the CARB ONLY?

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

I haven't heard of anyone using it as of yet.

It is along the same lines as the sneaky pete kit.

More for show than go, won't last long when you actually DO use it, and won't give you much power.

I'm sure it will have SOME effect, but I couldn't even "feel" my 50 shot when I first installed my kit.

Comment

It is like a sneaky pete system.

It is more for the bracket racer looking for insurance top end or the street racer looking for a bit of insurance top end.

These kits will see reductions in ET's of a MAXIMUM of 2-3 tenth's.

It's a 1.4 lb bottle.... it won't last long.... basically... it is insurance.

I wouldn't waste my $$ on it
      Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
      nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
      2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
      2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Right, im good on the fact that its not a strong system, and money aside, would it even work? I emailed the guy at nx and asked him, and i got back a very non-technical response.

Jeremy Nichols to me
        More options 9:16 am (1 hour ago)

Larry,
        The incognito is listed as a carb only system because that is what it was
        originally designed for, as was the sneaky pete. We have never performed any
        formal testing of the system on an EFI vehicle so that is why we don't
        advertise it for EFI.

Thank you,
        Jeremy Nichols
        Tech
        Nitrous Express
        with other dry kits for our cars, such as the 5175, how does the car compensate for the nitrous coming in... do you simply spray in the juice through the maf and it senses the difference coming in, and thats all there is to it? Or is there some other way you have to hook into your fuel or vaccum lines or something?

With this incognito or a similar kit, it seems like all you do is hook up your wires for your switch and solenoid, stick the nozzle in the intake, and start spraying.

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Yes with the 5175 kit it is also hooked up to your Fuel pressure regulator w/ a bypass jet.

yes it would work, no it wouldn't be AS safe, but with that small of a shot I don't think the extra fuel is that much of an issue as long as you're not running lean to begin with the maf should sense the extra air and compensate.

Comment

well, i have a maft and an autotap, so couldnt i just set it to run rich at wot?

im probably just going to end up building my own kit anyway, but i still dont feel like i know enough about n2o to do it. i was just wondering if this was an option.

its going to be mostly for the car shows anyway. might not make sense to some of you n2o guys who are hardcore track folks, but when youve been to as many shows as i have you begin to think a little screwey. [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img]

im a panzy, if i ever did run the kit, it would probably be with a 30 shot, something nice and weak.

[ April 18, 2005, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: Loochy88 ]

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

maft and autotap would take care of it just fine just monitor it and adjut the maft accordingly and you shouldn't have a problem.

A 30 shot is nothing to worry about, just remember nitrous finds the weak points in your engine if there are any.

Keep the fuel supply correct and you'll be fine.

Comment

how big of a deal would a sticking lifter be? cause i might have one... it goes away after about 2 min, and its only on really cold days it seems. could be something else i guess, just a slight tick right at startup and only at idle.

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

It is such a small shot... you may barely notice it.

Nachius took care of the other q's [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by 12secondv6:
                    It is such a small shot... you may barely notice it.
                    that much i figured, but its something at least.
                    i dunno, im still debating.

Nachius took care of the other q's [img]smile.gif[/img]
                    so the lifter wouldnt be an issue? ill probably have it looked at soon either way.

also, i suppose a fpss would still be a good idea would it not?

nachius, when you say that the NOS 5175 kit hooked up to the fuel pressure regulator how is that different than a fpss. is this the sort of vaccum fitting youre talking about, and could it be used inline with the incognito kit? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

[ April 18, 2005, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: Loochy88 ]

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

nevermind, i think i just figured it out... the more i look into this the more i think im just going to get everything together myself and build something that represents the 5175 kit, and just use the smaller bottle.

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Honestly, when you cut corners... that is when problems happen.

It might be a bit more $$$$..... but get the legit complete kit... with a 10 lb bottle.

Lets say... you spray it... and like it... and realize the 1-2 lb bottle isn't big enough. The 10 lb bottle costs $180 on top of everything you would already have. might as well do it right first time around

Comment

Honestly, when you cut corners... that is when problems happen.
                          dont worry he'll be fine

Larry, dont worry , you'll be fine
                          -Aaron, AKA ATL2001<br />93 3.4L <br /><a href=\"http://www.ilfba.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ilfba.com</a>

Comment

Ran into someone selling this for a pretty decent price. She says she thinks its the 5175 but isnt sure.

032,034,036 are the numbers on the jets. It does come with a fpss.

most of the other parts can be seen in the following pics.

http://www.thenebula.com/carpics/pics4/nawzzz.JPG

Said it was used before on a mitsubishi eclipse, and claims she cant find the manual.

Does this look like the 5175 to anyone else?

Its all part of the trials and tribulations of being a cheap azz.

I hear what youre saying james, and believe me, im far from making up my mind.

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Yea looks like a pretty basic dry kit to me.

How good of a price are you talking, because I have my dry kit for sale and am willing to barter.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X